three

Luke wasn't exactly the type of nice person who always had a smile on his face. Actually, he was the complete opposite. He was quiet and far from being talkative. He didn't speak to people because he hated small talk. If he had to say something, at least it would be something meaningful or useful.

But even if he wasn't that nice, he was the most talented person in town. No one drew things like he did and no one made tattoos like he made. People would drive miles just to get a tattoo done by Luke himself. Everyone who had a passion for tattoos in Australia, had already heard the name Luke Hemmings.

"There's another girl here to make a piercing." Ashton announced and Calum quickly appeared.

There were 3 other guys working in the shop. Ashton was the guy who took care of appointments and who covered for his friends if they were sick, Michael was the other tattoo artist and even though Calum also knew how to make tattoos, he preferred piercings.

"Luke there's a girl here for you." Luke walked to the front of the shop and saw a short blonde girl looking around the shop.

"I'm Luke." He introduced himself making the girl turn her face to him. She smiled and shook his hand. "So, what do you want to get tattooed?"

"I want to tattoo an infinite symbol under my breast." She gave him a picture of the small symbol and he nodded signalling that she could follow him.

She lie down and Luke put his gloves on while the girl managed to took her shirt off and her bra without embarrassment. The view of a girl's chest wasn't new for him, since he had already done many tattoos in that area of a person's body. He gave her a towel so she could cover herself up but she refused to take the towel. He grabbed his gun and started it up, the needle immediately touching the girl's skin.

"So, I've heard a lot about you." The girl started with a smile on her face. "You're very popular around town aren't you?"

Luke shrugged and didn't say anything. He knew exactly what type of girl she was. She wasn't there because she wanted to get a tattoo. She was there just to flirt with him and he hated those girls who used him just because they couldn't find a boyfriend elsewhere. Those were the uninteresting girls that Luke had no interest in becoming friends with. They were a waste of time for him.

"Are you free on Saturday?"

Luke almost rolled his eyes but he contained himself.

"Done. You can check it on the mirror if you want." He put the gun down and started taking his gloves off. The girl got up to check how her tattoo looked like and after that, Luke put a bandage on top of it.

"Ashton will give you the necessary information on what to do about the tattoo."

He would have given her the instructions himself but he couldn't stand being around that girl anymore.

"You didn't answer my question." She said after he turned around to leave the room.

"No, I'm not free on Saturday." He stopped walking and then turned his head over his shoulder. "And even if I was, going out with you would be the last thing I'd do."

Luke opened the door and heard the now familiar sound of the bell ringing signalling that a person had come inside. Noelle was sitting at the counter filling a few informative papers. She didn't look up, distracted by her own work and that's why he had to clear his throat to catch her attention. When she finally acknowledge his presence, she smiled taking him by surprise. She always had a nice and professional look on her face but she had never shown her real smile.

"Are you here to buy more flowers?" She asked.

"I want to know the meaning of gardenias."

"And I want to know the meaning of the locks tattooed all over your skin." He bit his lip to contain himself from smiling. Smiling was like showing a side of his personality and he wasn't ready to let his guard down yet.

"Everyone has secrets." He simply explained and she nodded. She didn't look confused like she had looked the previous day when he explained the meaning of the angel with the devil horns. He wanted her to show him that look of curiousness she had shown because that somewhat made him happy. He loved knowing she was interested in the images painted forever on his body.

"Gardenias mean joy and it's like saying "You're lovely" to someone and it's also the symbol of secret love." She told him. "Do you want to buy them?"

"Yes."

"She grabbed the flowers and she wrapped them with a small green bow. He handed her the money and she gave him the plants.

"Bye Luke." She said before he could say anything else and that made him smile on the inside. She knew his name.

(Author's Note):

If you're reading this book and you enjoyed reading the chapter please vote and comment. It takes a minute and it makes me happy for the rest of the day!! Thank you x