six

Luke hadn't shown up in Noelle's shop for a whole week and she couldn't deny the fact that she'd frown every time a day ended without seeing him at least once.

She knew he was probably still sick but she just wanted to see him again. She thought about sending him a text message to make sure he was okay but she realized she didn't have his number. She didn't know where he lived either so she couldn't bring him a homemade soup or anything like that.

Thinking about Luke being sick made her wonder if there were people taking care of him, more specifically if he had a girlfriend to take care of him. He had never mentioned being in a relationship before but then again, she didn't know much about his personal life.

The thought of seeing Luke with another girl made Noelle sick. She didn't understand why. She didn't have feelings for him, or at least she didn't think she had.

No, Luke was only the guy who would come to her shop to buy flowers every day and who had special tattoos all over his body; or at least that's she would tell herself every day. He was a mystery and Noelle liked mysteries.

There was another question Noelle was dying to know. What did he do with all those flowers? And once again, she thought about a special girl in Luke's life whom he'd offer flowers to.

Noelle tried to imagine Luke as a boyfriend. He looked like the nice boyfriend who - behind that hard and cold mask he always wore every day - would be very nice and sweet to his girlfriend.

She smiled at the thought of him as a boyfriend.

The bell ringed and she instinctively looked up. Her eyes lit up when she saw the tall blonde boy again.

"Long time no see."

"I've been sick all week and I could barely get up to buy medicine."

That answer made her stomach bubble with happiness because if he had to buy them himself, that meant no one else lived with him. He could have a girlfriend but at least they were not sharing a house.

He was staring at her trying to study her expression and the silence between them didn't seem like it was affecting him at all, but it was affecting Noelle. She hated awkward silences.

"So, are you here to buy more flowers?"

"Yes, I'm actually here to buy jasmines."

"So, jasmines are usually used to represent grace and elegance. It is also a symbol of divinity and hope. Brides often carry them in their bouquets to represent love and joy." She picked up one of the white flowers from the basket and looked at his arms.

She pointed to a skeleton hand shaking other skeleton hand in a friendly way.

"I want to know the meaning of that one."

He looked at it and simply nodded.

"That's a good one." He started saying.

"You say that about every tattoo you have." She pointed out making him chuckle lightly.

"Because all my tattoos are good!" He said. "That tattoo means that everyone is equal. You don't know if these people were Afro-American or White, you don't know if one of them was bisexual and the other one was gay, you don't know if they were two men or two women. Everyone should have the same rights because we're all equal." He explained and Noelle grinned.

She had never met anyone like Luke before. He was so open minded and different from everyone she knew. Everyone thought he seemed rude but in reality he was nice and he was so smart.

On the one hand she wanted him to show the world everything inside of his mind, she wanted him to let other people know how intelligent and deep his thoughts were; but on the other hand she wanted to let things be like that. She knew he didn't share those thoughts with many people and it made her feel special and unique.

"You're a fascinating person, Luke." She said honestly looking into his eyes. "I like you."

As soon as those words left her mouth she felt her cheeks burning. She hadn't think about what she was going to say and in that moment she regretted it. She didn't quite understand why she did because if she had a pound for every "Love you." She had said to her friends the past years she'd be a billionaire. But with Luke things were different. She didn't know if it was okay to say things like I like you just like that, out of nowhere.

She quickly moved to the counter and he gave her the money he was holding, taking the flower gently from her hands.

"See you tomorrow, Noelle."

He started walking towards the door with the white flower in his hand as Noelle watched him but he stopped and turned around.

"Oh and just for the record." He gave her a small smile. "I like you too."

(Author's Note): Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this chapter was cute!!

Vote and comment please!! It means a lot to me! Thank you x