Chapter six:

Bennett's point of view

My new pup Alisa rushes into my office, she is ivory pale as she comes in and her eyes are wide as saucers. "Alpha, there is a woman here who claims to be your wife" I scoffed. "Alisa that is impossible. My wife is long since dead" she shook her head in blatant ignorance to what I have said, a frown creases my forehead with wrinkles. "What do you mean no?! What does this woman look like?" she talks fast and almost uncomprehendably. "Long brown hair, blue eyes, really pale skin, pink lips. She had a guy with her too. He was tall, had brown hair, brown eyes, slight tan, really masculine" Rose. Dimitri. They were here. But that wasn't even possible. Rose had died and Dimitri had been so heart broken he'd moved back to Everdeen. So why did I have the feeling that Alisa was right? Maybe it was the sire bond. Maybe it was instinct. It was even possible that it was plain out curiosity. Regardless of what it was I half heartedly walked down the stairs to my living room.

I pushed open the door bit by bit, half expecting the room to be empty when I did and for me to wake up with this all being nothing more than a dream afterwards. But when I did open the door I first saw the pure muscled man that was Dimitri and the beautiful entity that was Rosemarie Grimshaw, hybrid, back from the dead, mother of my two children and love of my life. Immediately I embraced her, letting my arms snake around her slim waist and our foreheads touch. Our lips pressed together softly at first and then the kiss became more urgent. It became softer and damper and there was nothing more in this world than me and her. I felt like nothing else mattered, that as long as I kissed her all would be right in the world, I felt as though the earth had stood still and we were the last people on the planet.

That was until Dimitri cleared his throat and made it known that seeing us kissing like that was causing him great discomfort. Our lips separated and I could feel the longing and desire lingering in the atmosphere around us. Clinging to us like shadows in a moonlit street. "If this is just another really vivid dream then I never want to wake up, because if this is all the time I've got with you even if it is just my insanity taking its toll on me then I want this time to be golden, Rose, I have missed you so much, there hasnt been a second thats passed when I haven't been thinking about you and if your really alive now then I promise to never leave your side again! I'll follow you anywhere woman!" She laughed softly, a sweet melodic sound that embraced me in the warmth of her presence, it basked me in the glory of acknowledgment that swept from her and I knew that if this wasn't a dream then I would be her guardian, I'd steady her hand and protect her from the world's many dangers as long as I lived.

"Ah I have missed you oh so much Bennett. How are our children?" I gulped down a lump in my throat. "Both are fine" it was a small white lie, one she would easily decipher. The skin contact made the mind reading process faster. "Insomnia? Why wasn't I informed of this immediately?! No child of mine is having that!" she broke away from my hug and immediately located Gabriel and Cheyenne's room. They were on the floor colouring in their sketch pads. Both their eyes lit up when the saw Rose, they were at her flanks in the time it took me to blink and hugging her legs so tight the blood circulation would be stopped.

Tears watered in both their eyes. Cheyenne's looked like liquid gold and Gabriel's were crystalline blue skies filled to the brink with transparent tears of both nostalgia and relief. Rose sank to her knees and engulfed both her children in a group hug. "I've missed you so much mommy!" Was Cheyenne's words of comfort and Gabriel's were "I'm never letting you out of my sights again mother! You gave us quite a scare their" Rose chuckled softly and pressed a soft kiss to both their foreheads. "I love you, both of you" I felt tears pressing at my own eyes. I sat down on the floor and hugged the three of them. "Rose why did you not return straight away?" she sighed.

"Its not that simple Bennett. I think you'll find that if I'd have had the strength sooner I would've returned but until now I lacked the courage to actually perform my convictions and make them not only promises but actions" I kissed her cheek. "I love you too much and I don't want to lose you again, I'm sure you had your reasons for staying away as long as you have but now it's time for you to stay and to never leave again" she kissed my cheek in response. "Never say never my dear. For lies are truths in disguise and wolves prey on the weak. But we are not the weak so we are therefore the predators and we need to prepare for a lot of questions coming from everyone. If you hold my hand throughout it all I can get through anything" I clasped our hands together and our fingers entwined, I delicately pressed my lips to her hand and she gave me a lopsided smile. "Never again..." she sighed and rested her head on my shoulder. I brushed my lips against her forehead. "Never again" I repeated.

The rest of that evening we discussed matters that had occurred during the brief time in which Rose was absent, we agreed she would resume her position as Luna and life would go on as it once would. She told me that her dream visits weren't done to torture US but to reside some confidence in us that she was alive and well. I asked her about what she said to me in a previous dream, she side stepped the question by asking which one and saying that there had been several before I countered that it had been the one about Serenity she told me it wasn't her place to speak and that I'd have to ask Serenity myself if I wanted answers, I agreed to do so at a later date and after a long period of time in which Rose and I made up for lost time I let myself drift into the deep dark abyss of pure bliss and calm. This was what it was like to be me. This was my reality and if this is what me and Rose have then what we've got is gold. She truly is sharp as a thorn beautiful as a Rose.