Chapter three:

Cheyenne's point of view:

We were laid down on a patch of damp grass side by side. He was panting, I'd already caught my breath. "You cheated!" he whined. "Did not! I won fair and square!" he growled slightly before resting his head on his paws. His ears were close to his head and his tail was sat beside his left thigh, he was exhausted. "I do feel better after that run" he told me, I nodded in agreement. Serenity came out of the pack house kitchen. "Are you two ever coming out of your wolf forms? Dinners ready." I shifted into my human form and to my delight my clothes hadn't ripped this time. My twin rolled his eyes and shifted.

We sat down in the dining room. Serenity and Jeremy joined us. Without my parents here everything was awkward and there were no conversations to have. I didn't touch my food, I wasn't hungry. "Cheyenne are you ill?" I nodded, a white lie never hurt anyone. "I'm going to bed" I declared I got up and went to my room. I more or less made a burrow out of my duvets, I curled up in a ball. I silently cried myself to sleep.

"Don't cry on my account" my eyes flew open. "Mother!" I ran towards her and she spun me in the air before sitting me on her hip. I kissed her cheek and wrapped my arms around her neck in a hug before releasing her. "Hello sweetheart, how have you been?" I shrugged, she smiled knowingly before running a hand through her hair. "Daddy has went on a trip so Aunt Serenity and Uncle Jeremy are looking after us" I had a feeling she already knew this, suddenly she frowned. "Where is your dad going?" I grinned. "Spain" she pursed her lips. "I see, well Bennett is like a boomerang, he always comes back, he never loses his way and he's reliable, you can trust that he'll be back in a week if not sooner" I nodded. "Aunt Serenity said the same thing - more or less" My mother's attention had drifted somewhere far off now. "Sweetie I have to go, I'll talk to you soon, sweet dreams, I love you!" she kissed my forehead and set me down on the floor. It was only know that I realized a knee high cloud of smoke filled the scene we were in. Mum ran as fast as she could, towards what I don't know, but her tone of voice scared me. My mother was showing fear.

I was awoken abruptly yet the room was silent and it wasn't apparent what had awoken me. The only sign anyone had been in since I fell asleep was the oil lamp burning brightly on my dad's dressing table. I looked at the alarm clock. 3:33am. Oh hell no, I was not being wide awake at this hour. I curled up in a ball and started counting sheep with no form of prevail. Damn. Suddenly I heard a voice that seemed to be carried by the wind. "Cheyenne..." I knew that voice anywhere. "Mum?" I got out of bed and went downstairs to the front door, without question I opened it. Nothing was there but my name was repeated, this time it seemed even further away. "Mum?" I carried on walking, I was soon aware that I'd been lead into a desert, what desert I was clueless, but a desert nonetheless.

I saw a rocky formation far off and as I got closer I realized it was a car, a car that had crashed into a tree. An icy cold chill ran up my spine. A daunting feeling took over my body but the voice seemed to urge me to carry on walking, to see who was in the drivers seat. Every step I took was made deathly by the pounding of my heart which was going to stop if I didn't turn around and go home. I came to the driver seats door, it was empty, but what was creepier was that I'd seen this car before, I'd been sat in that backseat when it had crashed. This was the car my mother had died in.