Chapter two:

Bennett's point of view:

"She's lying" was the first sentence I heard in my foggy haze. "Who is?" I replied, the image of Rosemarie came into focus, she sat down onto an area of grass and stared into the lilly pad pond. "Serenity" her voice was far off, her attention somewhere else. "How do you know?" she pursed her lips. "Do not question the obvious my lord" I scowled. "What is she lying about?" she smiled noticeably. "Her ability to have children" my scowl got worse. "Why would she say she can't have them if she can?" Rosemarie eyed me intently. "Happy birthday my king" I frowned. "Rose do not change the subject, why would she lie?" she offered me her hand and I brought her to her feet.

"She isn't lying about being able to have them, she's lying about why she can't have them!" I again scowled. "So your saying the coma has nothing to do with it?" she smiled wider. "I always knew you were smart. For a werewolf" I grinned. "So what is? The problem I mean" she tapped her nose twice with her index finger. "I don't tell secrets that aren't mine to tell" I rolled my eyes, then a thought dawned on me. "Rose?" she looked up at me. "Yes my lord?" I thought about what I wanted to say. "Where are you know? What are you classed as?" she frowned and her fine eye brows knitted together. "I suppose I'm on the other side" she sounded insane. "The other side?" she nodded. "It's not heaven, it's not hell... It's were people go if they died young or violently" I sighed. Rose had been both. Vampire or not she was still young. "What are you now then? Because you certainly don't look ghostly" she grinned. "I'm what I was when I was alive, I'm a hybrid" I laughed softly. "Goodbye my lord" I frowned. "What do you mean goodbye?" she smiled knowingly. "It is time for you to wake up now, I love you but I must say goodbye" she kissed me and then I was awake.

I muttered obcentices under my breath. That woman was unpredictable at the best of times and now she was haunting my dreams. I looked around at the other sleeping passengers on my plane to Spain. They were all sound asleep and I was wide awake. Why would Serenity lie? I frowned. More importantly... Why can't she have kids?