11: No Regrets

11: No Regrets

I stepped into the foyer with Elena by my side and let my eyes scan the room in admiration. The Salvatore Boarding house had a very vintage feel. The carpets, chairs, lights and even the scent all had a sort of nostalgic style. I glanced back at her, remembering our discussion in the car on what would happen when we arrived. I would go in first, announcing our entrance while buttering him up then Elena would close the show. There was a rustle of movement in the room next door and I walked in that direction. My lookalike followed behind me silently.

She'd told me that she and Stefan had betrayed Damon last night by lying to him about where Emily Bennett's grimoire (a witch's spell book) was hidden and how he'd attacked her, fed her his creepy vampire blood then let her go. Because of that deception the elder Salvatore was now apprehensive to trust anyone with his plan to save Katherine (whoever she is) from the dreaded tomb that we were planning to open this evening.

I advanced into the large sitting room, stopping as soon as I saw the mysterious man himself.

"Cinderella, what are you doing here? Come to woo me?" Damon shot me a sultry smirk as he shrugged on his leather jacket. "As much as I'd love to let that happen tonight, I already have plans." He pouted at me, "Sorry."

I simply crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame, "Oh Damon, what ever will I do now?" Bringing a finger to my chin, looking to the window then faking a "bright idea", I returned my attention to him, "How about I help you with your little plan tonight?"

"What would you know about my plans?" His eyes narrowed to slits.

"I'm just the opening act, my twin here will be answering that for you," I motioned behind me where Elena emerged with a somber expression.

If Damon was surprised when I sauntered in, he was astonished when Elena trekked in. He froze for a second then composed himself and continued on with what he was doing, "I'm gonna have to change the locks."

Elena calmly removed her scarf, staring at the as*hole.

"Did you stage a jail-break?"

"Stefan," Elena explained.

"Oh, brother," he drummed his fingers on the table. "Ever the white knight."

"We convinced Bonnie to help you," she stated, gesturing to me.

His eyes flittered between the two of us but he replied quickly, "Oh, I doubt that."

Elena started towards him, "I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry we got the grimoire without you last night because I'm not, really."

"Well at least you're honest," he said sarcastically with a half-smiled.

"I was protecting the people I love Damon," Elena established, stepping down the short set of stairs. "But so were you. In your own twisted way, and as hard as it is to figure, we're all on the same side, after the same thing."

"Not interested," Damon declared, seizing the old book and clutching it securely as he turned away from us.

"Yes, you are," I butted in.

"Because you were willing to work with us yesterday," Elena finished.

He spun around, "Fool me once, shame on you."

Just as he was about to turn to leave, Elena blurted out, "Okay, when we were in Atlanta why didn't you use your compulsion on me?"

That gained his attention. I watched, intrigued as Damon waltzed towards Elena with interest and placed the book down on a spare table, "Who's to say I didn't?"

"You didn't," she replied, matter-of-factly. He gave her a 'are you sure?' look but Elena stood her ground. "I know you didn't... but you could have."

Damon was silent.

"You and I... have something," Elena told him. I leaned forward sightly. Was she finally admitting her attraction to him? He seemed to have the same idea as I did for a second until she spoke again. "An understanding."

I almost groaned, but at the same time I was satisfied because seeing Damon as disappointed as he was in that second had me even more confident in what I was planning to get revenge.

Elena kept talking, "I know that my betrayal hurt you, different that how it is with you and Stefan, but I'm promising you this now, I will help you get Katherine back."

"I wish I could believe you," Damon groaned. In response, Elena sighed and moved her hands to her necklace clasp.

"Ask me if I'm lying now," she slammed the necklace down on a side table. Damon's eyes lowered to the vervain necklace then returned to the dark haired beauty's face.

"You know Anna won't stop by the way, no matter what I do," he guaranteed.

"Then we'll deal with that," Elena concluded as Damon simultaneously fasten her necklace back on and assured that he, in fact, did not use compulsion on her.

"One last thing," Damon grunted. "Why is Cinderella here?" He was in front of me in a flash, tugging at a lock of my curled hair with a smirk.

"I'm here to help," I said simply, refusing to flinch at his sudden apparition. As I stared into his ice blue eyes I felt a swirl of emotions. Hate and confusion were at the top of the list.

He stared at me with sad eyes, "Why don't I believe you?"

I shrugged boldly, "Why else would I be here?"

The dark haired vampire inched closer to me, "You know our little secret?" His sadistic tone made my skin crawl. "You didn't know last time we met."

"Well, I know now. So you can either kill me, compel me, or let me help you," I kept my face blank.

His arm shot out and gripped my throat. His grasp was tight, so tight that I could barely breath. However, there was no pain just discomfort.

Elena rocketed forward, "Damon!"

Our eyes were locked together, his held suspicion while mine displayed defiance, "Do it," I managed to choke out, keeping my gaze steady.

"Don't tempt me Princess," his hold tightened for a second then he released me. I slammed back into the door frame, coughing and attempting to breath again as Elena rushed to my side, glaring daggers at the casanova.

I rubbed my neck gently as he growled, "Don't make me regret this."

Author's Note

Next chapter is the start of the tomb opening! Yay! We're moving along with the story finally! Hope you all liked this chapter! Now I'm off to write!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!