Chapter 10 Leo

God I am such a procrastinator I apologize for making you guys wait so long for this update. But without further ado here is Chapter 10.

Ο Διακυρίττεσθαι Άντεξελαύνω Νύξ

Leo

I'm standing on the deck of the Argo II waiting for Sadie to join me. I can feel the cool are blow through my hair has the Argo II soars across the sky. The night sky is clear and the constellations shine brightly. The beauty of the stars reminds of how much I miss Calypso. The cinnamon smell of her hair. The way she would scowl at me for scaring away the birds. The feel of her lips on mine. Call me a lovesick puppy if you want, but it's the truth. I miss her more than anything in the world.

"What do we do? Just stand around or walk back and forth across the deck?" I turn around startled by Sadie's voice. "Chill, I'm not going to kill you... yet," Sadie says, her face spreading into a smile. I smile too, glad that I'm not the only one aboard with a sense of humor. Well there is also Percy. That kid is crazy, but a good crazy.

"I usually just kind of stand around and wait for something to happen. If something does occur that we can't handle on our own we just yell to Festus to sound the alarms. We don't do anything to crazy. I mean besides fighting ridiculous monsters." I let out a small laugh.

You will always be alone a man's voice whispers in my ear.

I turn around looking for its owner. No one's there.

"Did you hear that?" I ask Sadie.

"What?" Sadie asks confused.

Why would anyone ever love you? You are an outcast, an unwanted burden.

"Shut up!" I yell, swinging my head around trying to find its owner. I can feel all of the horrible thing in my past hit me at once.

"Leo, are you okay?" Sadie's face is full of concern.

You are a mistake. You are to blame for the death of your mother. For the deaths of all of the demigods that died in the battle at Camp Half-Blood last month.

"Stop!" I scream, tears running down my cheeks. It feels as if someone is stabbing me over and over again. Memories flooding in like a damn broke.

You got them killed. You are the reason for so much misery. How could anyone love someone like you?

I fall to the ground and fall apart, screaming. So much hatred for myself filling up inside me.

"Festus sound the alarms!" Sadie yells. She grabs me pulling me into her arms. "It's okay Leo. Whatever the voice is saying it's not true." But it was true. I was to blame, not Gaea. Not the gods. Me. I caused all of those bad things to happen. I attacked Camp Jupiter. I caused the deaths of so many.

I can hear the others run on deck. Percy is yelling out words that I don't understand. I'm too far gone in my mind. To busy thinking about all that I have done wrong to notice anything going on around me. The abusive words continues in my head. It has gotten to the point where I can't tell the difference betwixt the voice and my own thoughts. And then it all stops.

I hear the blood curdling scream of a man. I lift my head to see Carter stabbing a man wearing black through the stomach. The man looks down at Carter's khopesh then up to his face. The scream turns into a cackling laugh. The man then grabs Carter's blade and pulls it into himself more, laughing the entire time.

Pathetic Magician you thought I would die that easily.

Carter collapses to the ground screaming his lungs out. The man pulls out the khopesh and throws it aside. Carter stops screaming and passes out He leans down to grab Carter.