Day 4

Day 4

The first thing I tried to do when I woke up was bring my hands to my neck. It didn't take me very long to realize I had a machine breathing for me and that my arms and legs were tied down. I fought the resistance for a while, thinking that now that I was awake someone would let me free, I decided it wasn't worth my effort and stared at the shadow that looked a little like a piece of broccoli on the ceiling.

I'm not really sure how long I stood still for, but at one point I began to get bored. Very, very bored. I lifted my head slightly to look at my restrains and realized that if I pulled really hard, I could slip my hand through the band. I squirmed a little as I tried to free one hand and in no time, I was able to untie my other hand, take out whatever needles and machines were hooked up to me and free my legs. Finally able to look around the room I could see that I was in the infirmary.

For a second I wondered why I was the infirmary in the first place, before I remembered what happened that night. I quickly made my way to my room, feeling the need to take a shower. It was dark in the room and I couldn't really see, nevertheless, one look in the mirror told me that I really was sick. My skin had paled and I was noticeably thinner. It made me wonder how long I had been tied to that table. Dried blood and small cuts littered my neck and once again I wondered how long I had been tied to the table. Usually the cuts would have healed. It was only now that I realized that my hands were bandaged. I had gotten dried blood under my nails and nail shaped cuts were made into my palm. I jumped into the shower and scrubbed my body clean, when I got out I scrubbed under my nails in the sink.

I was beginning to get hungry and for the third time that night I wondered how long I really was unconscious. I felt no pressure what so ever to go find a nurse or wake someone up to tell them I was alive, which I probably should've done. Instead, I made myself some eggs and sat inside the kitchen in the dark. I was getting really tiered again and so I rested my head on the counter top and mumbled to myself

"A little nap never hurt anyone" before drifting off

The second time I woke up I panicked, not expecting to be restrained yet again. All the muscles in my body got tense as I tried to pull my hands from the binds. This time, the bonds were much tighter and I couldn't slip my hands out. I didn't have a machine breathing for me anymore, nor any needles. At least, not any that I could feel. I had no interest at looking at weirdly shaped shadows on the ceiling this time. I sent a mind link to Brooke

"I'm in the infirmary tied to a table, can you come get me out."

"Sure, but I can't hang out with you today, I'm busy"

"Whatever, I need out. Now."

4 minutes later I was untied and ready to go. Brooke ran off to god knows where and I decided to find out why I was tied to a table. My plans changed however, when I passed by a mirror. I was ghostly pale and my hair had turned grey. The roots of my hair tended to change colour depending on how stressed I was lately. If I was stressed for a long time my hair would start to grow grey. Once I took a week or two to relax my hair would grow back in it natural colour. I had to cut it, if not it would look weird.

I got to my room, cracked open a window so I could freshen up the room and locked the bathroom door behind me. I took a shower and quickly cut my brown locks off were they turned grey. Now I had a pixie cut. I didn't really mind though, for one I was used to having to cut my hair when it changed colours, but I had wanted to cut my hair anyway. When I finished in the bathroom I came into my room to tidy up a little. I really hated mess and I had found some clothing I had forgotten to put away. As I did so, I could hear people talking outside my window.

"I don't know where she went"

"What do you mean, you don't know where she went" It was Aiden.

"Well you see, she's gone"