Day 1

I looked at my dress and smiled. This would have the Alpha crying for me. I was wearing a cute short sundress, nothing too revealing, but enough to make anyone jealous. I had gone with natural makeup and pinned my hair up like I usually did. I was getting ready for the ceremony joining me to the Red Valley Pack. I knew that the Alpha would be there. Come to think of it, I still didn't know his name.

My stomach was doing flips, but I tried to ignore it. As I walked towards the stage people moved out of the way, so I could pass. My parents were already standing on the stage, the look on their face told me I would be scolded for making the Alpha wait and being late. I moved my eyes over to my mate and the fake Luna; his eyes were wide, and he was clenching and unclenching his hands as he looked at me. Something told me, that he wouldn't be able to keep his hands off me forever and that when he broke, I would be there to pick up the pieces. A few steps away from the Alpha was the beta and an unfamiliar face. He had many similar features to my mate, so I assumed they were brothers.

I watched as both my parents made a cut in their hand with a small blade, following the Alpha's instructions and shook hands with him, making their blood mix. When they finished I was called upon to walk forward. This would be the first time we touched, and it would be in front of all these people. I walked slowly towards him, keeping my eyes fixed on his. I could hear the fake Luna growling at our prolonged eye contact. I crept up to him and cut a line down my palm mimicking my parents' then I stuck my hand out to him. When our hands made contact my breath hitched in my throat and tingles shot up my arm, it was like I had pins and needles but in a good way and I never wanted to let go.

Suddenly all I wanted to hang my head down and start crying. This was what I was supposed to feel, this what I was supposed to be doing, holding my mate's hand, not trying to find a way to make him love me. He should already love me.

Not wanting break my strong girl façade, I ripped my hand out of his hand. I was shocked to find that he was gripping it in a way that I couldn't let go. Once again, I heard his mate growl behind me, I wonder how much he told her. The one thing I hated about her was the fact that she seemed perfect, there wasn't a reason for me to not like her and that made me despise her even more. She was very modest, she got along well with the other pack members, everyone loved her, and she was nice. Just plain nice. I was finding it hard to find a real reason to dislike her other than the fact that she was with my mate.

"I, Alpha Aiden, accept Mia, Joseph and Mary Hems to the Red Valley Pact." So his name was Aidan. I liked it.

There were a few accusing looks toward me at my name since usually the adults were stated first since they were more important but since I was his mate, he had no choice but to state my name first. Aiden leaned down to speak in my ear,

"I need to speak to you later" I didn't respond and looked away. He let go of my arm and stalked off.

"Hi" I looked up to see Cora, the girl I had spoken to yesterday,

"Hey" My eyes travelled to Aiden's brother. He and his brother were talking to each other using a lot of hand gestures, they both seemed to be aggravated. Suddenly my eyes caught onto Aiden's brother's eyes and we stared at each other for a moment.

"He's something else, isn't he?" I heard Cora say looking into the same direction I was "His name is Mason and he hasn't found his mate yet. He's the Alpha's brother."

"I figured" Cora talked a little while more, me only giving half assed responses as I wasn't fully listening and eventually she left.

I watched as Mason put a hand up at his brother signaling that he would be leaving and looked back at me as he walked in my direction. He had his hands in his pockets and his hair was slicked back. As he walked, he grabbed a glass of champagne off a waiter's tray.