Chapter 18

This story is copyright to bnstorymaker 2013 (me)

All rights reserved © c:

*Matt's PoV*

I knocked on Claire's door after Susanna had cooked everyone breakfast.

"Claire, it's time for breakfast. If you don't want to come down to eat that's fine with us. Susanna and I will be downstairs if you need us. Please feel at home."

I waited for a moment just in case she changed her mind, but she didn't open the door so I left.

She never came down for breakfast so we figured she was still sleeping. No one knew when the last time she had a good rest was so we let her be. The poor girl had been through a lot and no one here wanted to force her to come out of her room. We wanted her to feel comfortable here, at home. She could do anything she wanted to here, when she was ready. This was a carefree environment.

As I sat down at the table with everyone, Mina and Willow told us about how long they've been slaves to Damien. After hearing their stories I pushed my plate away in disgust. When Susanna and I ruled we prohibited slavery of any kind and just to have my son practically slap us in the face for allowing it was ridiculous. These girls were nice people and Damien treated them as if they were the dirt under his shoes.

I could tell that being a slave to Damien has effected their lives. Mina wasn't sociable and to only be twenty eight I wouldn't expect her to be so shy. She probably didn't trust any of us. I couldn't blame her. If I was in her shoes, I'd be the same way especially after Damien took her eye out (Mitri told me that so I wouldn't be tempted to ask such a rude question). Willow, on the hand, was sociable,yet she didn't trust us either.

After their stories, Susanna decided to lighten the mood by baking her award-winning cinnabons. Every time my wife made those my mouth watered. I knew it was contradictory to eat human food when we needed blood to survive, but it made us feel normal in the world when we had human company. Besides, who wants to have the same similar taste of blood lingering in their mouth everyday? I sure as hell didn't. It would be like asking a human to eat a plain hotdog everyday. I loved food and my subtle pudgy stomach was proof of that. I let out a silent chortle.

Around three in the afternoon, I knocked on Claire's room when it was lunch time. There was no answer so I walked in to check on her. When I walked in I found her room empty. I checked the closet and the bathroom, but she was no where in sight. I hurried to Susanna and Mitri and told them that she was gone.

"Gone?! What do you mean gone?! Dad, she just wouldn't up and leave like that!"

I believed Mitri. She wouldn't run away from us. We were kind to her.

"Honey, do you think..."

Mitri and I looked at Susanna, "Yup."

We realized almost simultaneously that Damien had kidnapped her. At that moment, I began giving orders.

"Susanna, go to the castle to look for her. Mitri go look around the kingdom and I'll stay here and look."

They nodded and the hunt for Damien and Claire began.

...meanwhile...

*Damien's PoV*

When we arrived to my cottage that I bought about a hundred years ago, I heard Claire mumble, "It's so pretty!"

Little did she know, it had never been used before. I bought it for Crystal as an early honeymoon present, but due to "unfortunate" events she never saw it. I kept it in perfect condition so it looked brand new. In my opinion, it looked like a house that belonged in Candyland.