Chapter 5

This is copyright to bnstorymaker 2013 (me)

"Mina! Liz! Get in here now!" Damien yelled at the top of his lungs.

Within minutes, there were footsteps and a woman burst through the door.

"Y-Yes, Master Damien?" She said trembling in fear.

I felt so scared not only for myself, but for her. When I looked this girl, Mina I assumed, she was a wreck. She had the dullest gray eye I have ever seen, and it seemed to be lifeless. She was missing one of her eyes; it looked as if it had been plucked out. There were also various scars tattooed all over her face. I could tell that she was once beautiful, and she couldn't be any older than me. It was sad. Had Damien done all this to her? I wouldn't put it past him.

"Where is Liz?" He asked in a calm tone.

It was almost too calm.

"I-I don't know..."

"It's alright Mina. You are not in trouble. Just go get her because I need her for a demonstration."

There was obvious relief on her face when she realized that he didn't need her even though it was short lived. She quickly placed her hands over her mouth when he mentioned Liz, and there were  tears in her eyes. Before Damien "needed" anything else from her she rushed out the door.

We both sat in silence until a second set of feet walked through the door.

"You rang, Your Majesty?"

He nodded.

"Liz...It seems your service here is no longer required simply because I have to use you as a demonstration for my new slave. I shall terminate your collar now."

"Master don't! I can still be of use and-"

Before she could say anymore, I watched as Damien hit one of the many red buttons on the remote. There were immediate gagging sounds coming from Liz, and I watched as her neck device turned from purple to pink and then a red color. She grasped her neck as blood squirted from it. I let out a scream when she fell to the floor.

"Is she dead?" I asked pushing Damien out of the way rushing to her.

"Uh huh. I snapped her carotid artery and bam! She's dead just like that." He said in response, clicking his fingers.

"If you don't behave the same will happen to you. Now get ready."

And with that, he snapped the collar on my neck and was out of the room like a shadow, leaving me with a very dead Liz. How could someone be so monstrous? I was new to the outside world and yet, I hated every moment of it. I wanted to go home, but I had nothing or no one to go home to now. My parents were dead by now probably, and this place was all I had left.

*****************

When I was finally brought downstairs, I was quickly shown to the dining room by none other than Chief Daniels since I haven't had a tour of the castle. Before entering the dining room, I looked at him.

"I hate you and I hate this place."

"Claire don't be so upset. It's not that bad here."

"Not so bad? Not so bad?! Pfft, maybe for you since you are not a slave, and all!"

He only laughed. Maybe I should kick him in the nuts and maybe he'll stop laughing. I mentally smiled until he groaned.

"Don't do that Claire."

"Do what?" I asked, honestly confused by this question.

"Kick me in the nuts..." he said in a duh tone.