The Slave of a Vampire

THIS STORY IS COPYRIGHT TO BNSTORYMAKER (ME) 2013

My world is overrun, by monsters, vampires, and other supernatural entities. Humans became their food, their slaves, and their toys. Humans could no longer fight them off; they were too strong, so what could we do? I'll tell you. We gave up, gave up fighting a battle we knew we could not win, so they did what they wanted. They became the rulers of our land, our squalor-infested land. The vampire king, Damien, was cruel to us and gave us barely enough money to survive. We were starving and killing one another to make ends meet. Living in today's time was something no one wanted.

The humans who lived in such disturbing poorness would give anything to go back to nine to five jobs to provide for their families. Our world was hectic and to top these things off; I would be turning twenty tomorrow.

Usually when a human girl turned twenty, it marked the beginning of their servitude to King Damien. We became slaves, and he needed at least one girl within twenty years of age from each household. I don't know why this was a law, but it was. All I knew was that I was the only child in my household, and my parents tried their best to make sure that Damien or his scouts would never find me.

My parents have been hiding me inside our house so Damien would never find out. I watched for several years as they would lie on documents stating that they were the only two living here. It was a lengthy process as they made sure every statement was in sync with all of other falsified documents from previous years. It was tenuous, but we managed.

My life may have been boring and sometimes lonely since I didn't know anyone, but being alive was more important as it was more than what Damien would offer. After-all, Damien was notorious for killing his slaves. My life wasn't perfect, but I was safe. That was until my house caught on fire the night before my birthday.