Chapter 4

All the teen wolves sat around a campfire at the pack house. They were all telling stories and laughing while I was trying to avoid the looks I was receiving from Collin. I made small talk with Jake as he made small circles on my lower back. I avoid the anger that was building up inside of me. My wolf grew angry because I was letting him do it. And he wasn't my mate.

"So who's excited that school is over after this week? Cause hell I know I am!" Kristen cheered.

"When are we going on our vacation?" Jake asked everyone.

Every year we go on a vacation to a private island in the Caribbean. We spend about two weeks there right after school ends.

"I'm going to go get some more drinks" I said standing up and walking toward the pack house.

I stood at the sink washing a few of the dishes that had been used. I hummed to myself as I dried them off with a towel. Even though I wasn't then Luna and everyone knew I wasn't I still did the Luna like things. I really didn't mind I enjoyed doing the house chores. I was placing the last of the dishes into the cabinet when I heard someone sit at the table.

"You know, I can definitely see this happening in the future. Except it will be a bigger kitchen and there will be five pups running around." Collin said smiling at me.

Thinking about that made me turn a deep scarlet red. I threw the towel in the drawer and looked back at him.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked trying to avoid the conversation he was intending on having.

"Nah. I'm good. Come have a seat" he said patting the spot next to him.

I took the seat and instantly felt calmer with him by me. We sat next to each other a while enjoying each others company. I was thinking about what he said before when I remembered something.

"There is no way I'm having five pups" I laughed tilting my head towards him.

"Four?" He said in a questioning tone.

"No definitely not. Maybe two. No actually no more than two" I said laughing.

"We're going to have four" he said sounding certain.

"We're only having two" I said crossing my arms and giving him the puppy dog look. He just stared back at me not saying anything. He smiled and placed a loose strand of my hair behind my ears.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked smiling.

"You said definitely having. Meaning that we are going to have children." He smiled. I blushed and turned my face away. He lifted my face with his finger and then cupped my face with his hand.

"You look beautiful when you blush." He laughed. I laughed turned my face into his hand. The feeling that I get when I'm with him. When he touches me, makes me feel alive again. Like how I used to be. I stared into his deep brown eyes. I longed for his lips to be on mine I want him to be mine. For me to be his. His eyes made me melt. I would do anything for this guy. And even though I don't know him yet. I loved him. I know love him. I inched closer to him wanting to be near him. No matter how close I got it didn't seem close enough. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me against him. I looked up at him and smiled. I thought he was going to kiss me. I wanted him to kiss me but instead he closed the space between us giving me a hug. I was sad at first and truly disappointed.

"Are you planning on coming outside anytime soon?" Kristen said walking in the kitchen. Collin and I scooted away from each other and looked at her.

"Sorry I didn't..I didn't mean to interrupt" she stuttered eyeing me. God she was or heck of a best friend.

Collin got out of the booth and motioned for me to follow. Looks like our little time away from reality was gone. But what is reality even? I'm going to have to tell Jake. It's just, how. How do I tell the alpha that I have found my mate. And it's not him.