Chapter 2-temptation

"Babe this is Collin, my beta," Jake said motioning towards him.

I snapped out of it and looked at him.

"Nice to meet you," I said softly. I had to get out of there. There was no way I could control my wolf for much longer.

"Hey babe lets go dance." I said pulling jake towards the house. I did not want to stay around and talk to him. He is not my mate! He can't be, I'm in love with Jake and only him. My wolf grew angry at me when we walked away but I ignored her.

Jake and I danced for about a two hours before he said he want to go play football. He was such a guy. I pecked him on the lips and let him go leaving me alone on the dance floor. I looked around for some friends, that is until my eyes met Collins. He was standing across the room looking at me. His eyes pierced right through me before he turned and walked up the stairs. I don't know why but I followed. He lead me into one of the guest rooms on the second floor. When I got to the room I walked in and saw him. He was standing by the window not facing me. It was dark In the room but I could just see him through the moon light.

"I know you know," he said sounding upset.

"I don't know what your talking about," I stuttered.

He turned around and walked over to me placing his hands on either side o my face.

"Don't bull shit me," he said leaning his head against mine. My wolf grew excited and my face got hot. Shit. Nobody makes me blush. I repeats nobody!

"Collin," I whispered. " this isn't right. I love jake and he and I are going to get married one day. Your his best friend and his beta, I can't...I can't do this," I said pulling out of his grip.

"So since your dating my friend and the alpha you are going to reject me as your mate?"

My wolf screamed no, as did my heart but my brain was telling me otherwise. I looked away from him not wanting to melt into his eyes. I didn't know what to do. I silent tear fell from my face. Collin came over and wrapped me into his arms.

"Look, I know your conflicted and I don't want to force you. But trust me. Trust your wolf." He whispered into my ear. He looked at me still holding me. I stared into his eyes. My wolf wanted me to kiss him.

He leaned in and kissed my forehead before turning around. He walked towards the door. "Just let me know when you decide," he said before walking out.

"You'll be the first," I whispered to myself. I walked over the the window and looked out. I could see where Jake and some of the other wolves were playing football. Jake was running for the touchdown when I heard a noise behind me.

"What are you doing in here?" Kristen said coming up behind me. "Oh my god why are you crying?"

"I found my mate," I said in a low voice.

"Who is it?" She said sounding to exited for the news to come.

"Collin," I said turning to face her again.

"Oh shit," she said excitement completely gone now.

"Yup," I said popping the p. My emotions have been drained from my body.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know," I replied.

The party was two days ago and I still havnt figured out what I am going to do. Jake an I have been hanging out but there seems to be tension between us.

"What's wrong babe," Jake said pulling my hair back.

"Nothing I'm just tierd," I said leaning into him. We just got done watching a movie. I hadn't talked to Collin since the party and I wanted to keep it that way. Jake was my mate. No matter what anyone said. I don't believe in the whole Wolfy mate thing and that it's your destiny to be with this one person your whole life. It's your life not your damn wolves.

Jake drove me home soon after that. My body felt week and tierd. My head was pounding and I felt like I was going to throw up. I sat at my desk and tried to get some homework done. Biology is seriously gonna kill me.

I dropped my pencil and looked out my window. My older sister was gone for the week at some conference in New York. I laid down on my bed pulling the blankets off of me. I got really hot and felt sweat coming to my head. I pulled of my shirt and laid there in my bra and shorts. I seriously felt like I was dieing. I watched my fan spin in circled around and around until I drifted off into sleep.

I felt his hand slid up my back and over my shoulders. He kissed my temple and down my face. Trailing his lips until they reached my ear.

"Choose me," he whispered making chills run up my body. He pressed his body closer against mine holding me tight against him. I turned around to face him wanting to feel his lips on mine. But when I turn around it wasn't jake. It was Collin.

I woke up dripping sweat trying to get the images of Collin out of my head. It was dark outside and the alarm clock on my bedside table was flashing 2:49 a.m. I walked over to my bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. Why is it so hot in here. I ran to my closet throwing on some shorts and a tee shirt. I took the steps to at a time down to my back door where I slipped into the cold air of the night. I jogged to the edge of the woods where I stripped my clothes and shifted into my wolf form. My wolf was small but larger than most she wolves. I buried my cloths under some leaves and started running. I was fast. Faster than most wolves and I was proud of it. I ran to my favorite spot. The spot that I always went to. The spot my parents used to take me.

I looked out onto the lake and admired the scenery. I was lost in thought when I heard someone come up behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a tall chocolate brown wolf. My stomach dropped and my wolf went crazy. We stared at each other for a while before the wolf took off behind a tree. I sat down at looked at the tree until someone came out behind it. He was only wearing basketball shorts and had a sweatshirt in his hands. His hard chest made my mouth water an his defined abs made my wolf go crazy.

"Go change back as put this on," Collin said tossing the sweatshirt over towards me.

I grabbed the sweatshirt with my mouth and went behind a tree. After changing back I pulled the sweatshirt over my head. It barley covered my butt. Great.

I walked out towards the lake and realize that Collin was sitting on a rock towards the center of the lake. God I really hate getting wet.

I looked around and debated whether or not I should just leave. The thought made my wolf pissed off and urged me to follow him. My mate.

I cursed under my breath before stepping into the water and swimming over to the rock. It didnt take me long. I was a decent swimmer although my skills didnt reach past the puppy paddle. I pushed myself onto the rock. The sweatshirt stuck to my body and seemed to be shorter than before. Great.

"Look, Collin I know your mad at me but there is nothing to talk about." I said walking behind him.

"Come sit down." He said patting the spot next to him. I listen and took a seat next to him pulling the sweatshirt over my knees.

"All I ask is that you listen to me," he started "I know why you don't want to be with me. Because you think your so called in love with Jake but I know you love me more. The way your stomach flutters and the electric shocks you get when we touch. I know you feel it to. We were meant to be together since day one. We were meant for each other and no matter what you say or do you can't change that," Collin paused and stared into my eyes. He grabbed my hand causing shocks to shoot up my arm. " I want to be with you no matter what it takes. I know I'll find a way because I know you love me to. "

I sat there in shock. I didn't know what to do. Correction I didn't know what to do while my wolf was going crazy. She wanted to be close to him more than anything. Let him claim me as his and forget all about Jake. He's deep brown eyes stared into mine waiting and pleading for a answer. I knew what my heart wanted. It wanted him. But my brain told be otherwise. What would jake say. What am I suppose to do. I can't tell jake, the alpha, that I've found my mate and it's not him. That's not how it works. I wanted to love Collin and be with him. But the fact that he is Jake's beta makes this even worse! How am I so attracted him. I have never been this attracted to someone like this before. Ever. In my life. Not even Jake.