Chapter 3

I remained silent as Collin continues to star into my eyes. I want to be with him. I want to move in together an start our life. But I can't. I can't do that to Jake. The man I thought I loved. The man that has gotten me through everything.

"I have to go, see you at school," I said before sliding into the water and swimming back to shore. I snuck behind a tree and ripped the sweatshirt off. I shifted and started to run back to the house. When I got back to the spot where I left my cloths I shifted back and threw them on.

I walked into the kitchen making myself a bowl of cereal.

I seriously eat more than anyone I know. And that's saying something considering the whole werewolf thing.

I rested my head on my hand as I ate the cereal at the counter. How do I face Jake after what happened today. What do I say to him. How do I tell him this. He is going to either take it fine or completely freak out.

Or I don't tell him at all. I could just try to avoid my feelings for Collin. Make them go away and not worry about him anymore. I looked at the clock on the oven and almost had a heart attack. How could it be six o clock already.

I took the stairs two at a time and ran to my room. I jumped in the shower quickly trying to get the mucky lake smell off of me. I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. After blow drying my hair I applied light makeup and stared at my reflection. I guess this is going to have to work. I went to the closet and put on a white lace dress that reached mid thigh. I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs. Jake should be here any second to pick me up. Great.

As I was putting on some sandals I heard a knock at the door. I got up and answered it.

"Hey beautiful," Jake said smiling at me. He pecked me on the cheek before grabbing my bag out of my hands and started walking towards the car. Could he get anymore perfect?

I closed the door and walked to the car. The ride to school was quiet and short. Jake never drives the speed limit. He definitely gets the alpha treatment around here.

We walked into school right before the bell rang.

"I'll see you at lunch okay," Jake said before walking in the other direction if my home room.

Classes went by slow. As usual. Being the week before spring break teachers are cramming homework on us like there is no tomorrow. I sit through my classes not paying attention. Most of the time my thoughts wandered to Collin. Other times I fell asleep due to the small amount of sleep I got last night.

High school is not what you think it is when your a child. You imagine dances and love and it being the best time of your life. Well that's all wrong. Especially when you go to school with mostly werewolves.

There is tons of gossip going around our school. All the time. Like nobody has anything better to do so they just talk about other people. That's all people ever want to do.

Classes are easy here. Since most of us are werewolves most of the students don't even show up. We like to skip a lot. Those are the werewolves, but then you have the humans. Or the outsiders as we call them. They think they live in a perfect little work, little do they know what actually lives in this town.

My morning classes went by pretty fast. They were filled with tests and lessons and sleep. Mostly sleep.

I walked down the hallway towards my locker before lunch. As usual Kristen was waiting for me by my locker.

"Hey girl. How have you been?" She asked giving me a look.

"I'm fine why?" I asked bending down to get my lunch.