Newt

AUTHOR: Hey guys! Someone requested another chapter from Newt's POV, so here you go! Enjoy! This takes place while Brenda and Olivia are in the Underneath. Its a mini-chapter so it will not be as long as the others.

  I fall to the ground as the ground shakes beneath us and crashes sound throughout the space. Debris flies through the air, pelting my head and face as I cough up dirt and grime. I turn around and see chunks of the roof forming a small mountain, blocking off the other side of the room. I stand up and dust off my clothes, a slight ringing singing in my ears.

  I look over and see Jorge speaking into a walkie talkie, Brenda on the other end.

  "The brunette girl got us stuck," I hear her say. I whip my head around and look at my friends. Everyone is there, except the Brenda girl and Olivia.

  But I don't believe what I see at first.

  "Olivia?" I say to myself as I push through the boys, as if she is hiding behind one of them. I run over to the stack of broken concrete, where she is on the other side. I bang my hands against it, scratching up my skin on the broken rocks and glass. "Olivia!" I yell, panic rising in my chest.

  "Hermano!" Jorge says, stepping in front of me. "We have to go!"

  "You don't understand! I can't leave her behind!" I whimper out. As much as it hurt to see her love Aris, and as much as I wanted to hate her and not care about her, I just couldn't.

  She's my everything, even if I'm not hers.

  "She'll be safe as long as she's with Brenda. But they'll kill us if we don't leave now." He says and I know he means it. Sorrow fills me up as I turn away from the mess and follow the others, who are running away. I wipe the tears forming in my eyes and gather my things.

  "Hey man," Minho stays behind to talk to me, slapping my back.

  "What if she dies? I've been so close to losing her so many times." I whisper, picking at my fingernails.

  "I know. And frankly, I'm surprised you haven't stuffed her into that pocket of yours. But if there's one thing I know about Olivia, is that she's one tough chick. She will be okay." He tells me.

  I nod and he walks silently beside me. But my thoughts are far from quiet.

  I realize then how stupid I've been. I let her go. I didn't even fight for her, and now she's gone. She was mine, but I lost the privilege of even calling her that. I miss the way I could run my hands through her soft hair, the way I could look into her eyes, the way she always left a warm tingle in my chest. I miss her smile, and how it could light up the darkest days. I miss holding her, and her burrowing her face into my chest as she cuddles in close to me. I miss her soft lips against mine, and how the entire world would fade away when they connect. I miss the way she looked at me, the way she laughed, the way she always came to me when something was wrong. And now, I made the mistake of letting her go, letting her go be with someone who cannot love her nearly as much. I want her in my arms, I want to have her close and kiss her forehead and never let go. And when this is all over, I want to take her out and have a family together and I want her face to be the first thing I see when I wake up. I want her.

  She was the one thing holding me together. Keeping my pieces in line and without her I just fall apart. My heart is empty and she is the only thing that can fill it up, make me whole. She was the one thing keeping me going, the one thing keeping me from taking a knife and shoving it into my chest, because Olivia meant the entire world to me. She is my everything and so why did I ever let her go? I need her.

  I love her.