Newt

Newt's POV*

Newt's POV*

When I open my eyes, I feel something being pressed into my cheek. Big black eyes stare down at me.

"Wakey wakey Newty Patootie." Minho says, poking my cheek.

  "Get off me, man." I say, pushing him away.

  "Nice to see that your ugly face is awake. We could use your help."

    I sit up and rub my eyes. My friends are all running around frantically at something I can't see yet.

  "What's going on?" I ask.

  "Take a look ya shank." Minho says, pointing to the far wall. I stand up and follow his finger to see a crowd of Gladers. I push through them to see what they are looking at. And it's horrible.

  A window is in the wall, metal bars keeping a man on the outside of the room. Or at least I think he's a man. His skin is pink and torn up, like he's been clawing at it and part of his lip is dangling off his mouth. Black veins stretch up his neck and his eyes are a dark red. His long, butchered fingers grasp the metal bars, shaking them.

  "Kill me! Kill me! I'm a Crank!" The man screams, blood spitting off of his tongue.

  "Bloody hell, what is that thing?" I shout over his yells, stepping backward.

  "He's been calling himself a Crank. I don't know what it is." Minho says, taking a seat on the bed.

  We are in a large room, with bunks all around. There is the one window in the corner and a table in the middle. No doors. I see all the Gladers, Winston, Frypan, Minho, but someone is missing.

  Olivia.

  "Where's Olivia?" I ask, scanning the room.

  "We, we don't know." Minho says. I hear the worry in his voice.

  "What do you mean you don't know? She's gotta be here!" My voice raises.

  "I don't know! All I remember is being put to sleep by some needles and then we all woke up here without her. There's no doors, and there is no way out of that window. We tried." He explains while I toss through the sheets of the bed and look under the table.

  "She's gotta be here somewhere!" I yell, the others beginning to take notice.

  "Well she's not!" Minho says back, trying to keep his cool.

  My chest is tight as I search every corner of the room. Every foot, every inch, but she really is no where to be found.

  "What if she's in danger? What if they've killed her?!" I scream, tears beginning to form in my eyes. I run my hands along the walls, pounding on them. "There must be a hidden door! Someone help me!"

  Minho pulls me towards him and slams me against the wall. "Newt. You have to calm down. Breathe. Listen to me." He says firmly.

  "Olivia needs help!" I say, the tears finally rolling down my cheek.