Being with You - Chapter 18

Chapter 18

ZARA POV

Time really flies very fast when you cherish all the time you have with your love ones. Well our two week together is finally up and now we are at the airport sending Zack off to Harvard. His proud parents are going accompanying him there to see that he’s fully settled there.

Zack has excused us to be alone for awhile. Sitting at the corner to the airport he kissed me and hugged me. “I’m going to miss you, baby. I’ve already feeling it.”

“I’m going to miss you too,” I said softly. I pull him away to look at him in the eye. “Zack, I have made a decision. I hope you will agree with me.”

“What decision?” he asked with a worried face. “Don’t tell me you breaking off with me Zara. Please don’t”

I signed. “I am Zack. I think this is the best for both of us,” I said softly looking down at my hands.

“No,” he yells at me. Realizing that people are staring at us he cooled down. “I’m not gonna let you do that. Why are you doing this to us? Zara. Why? I thought you love me,” he gritted his teeth. I can see tears starts forming in his eyes.

“I do love you Zack. I do, but it is the best for us.” I told him feeling the tears start falling down from my eyes.

“How can you say that?” he said. “How can this be the best for us, Zara? I can see that it’s hurting you as much as it’s hurt me.”

“Zack, yes, this is hard for me to do. I’m doing this so that we won’t hate each other in the future. Hear me out Zack before you say anything. Please listen to me,” I plead him.

He just looked away with his arms folded to his chest. Not daring to touch him I explained. “Zack, I want us to break up so that we won’t hurt each other in the future. I don’t want anyone of us to have grudge with each other in the future. I’m doing this so that we both can remain friends forever no matter happen in our lives later on. I’ve been thinking about this for months, Zack.”

 He looked at me with tears are falling from his eyes. “What? Are saying that you don’t trust me when I’m in Harvard? Are saying that I might cheat on you? Am I that low in your eyes?” He asked angrily.

 “No Zack. I’m not saying that.” I cried. “I know you love me and I love you too, but can we both see what happen in the future? Is our love strong enough to be able to resist what ever challenged that pass us by?” I asked him.

“Zack, when I finish high school next year, I’m trying to apply for Yale. I don’t know how far Yale is from Harvard. We both will be in a different college and different environment. There will be new challenge and meeting new people. What if later, we both found someone new? Someone that we both think is better for us. Are we both gonna tell each other than we have made mistake and that we both were too young when we make decision to be together? This is what I’m trying to avoid Zack. Like I said just now I don’t want us to hate and hurt each other in the future. By breaking off with you right now, we both won’t have any commitment with each other. No string attached. You are freely to be friend with any girls you want and if you found someone else while you’re there, you will know that you are not hurting my feeling. I will be happy for you and like wise if it happened to me, I want you to feel the same. I believe in fate Zack. If fates want us to together, we will be together. Please think about this Zack,” my tears keep falling down.

 He turned to look at me softly. Combing his hair with his hand to the back, he sighed “I hate it when you are right,” touching my face and wipes the tears away.

I force a smile at him “I know you will come to your senses. After all you are a Harvard Student. You suppose to be bright and intelligence” I laughed.

 He forced a laughed too and pulled me into a long kiss. “I don’t know what will happen in the future, but what I know right now is that I love you so very much and I don’t think I would want anyone else to be my girlfriend other than you. I agree with you. I don’t want us to hate and hurt each other in the future. I want us to remain friends no matter what happen to both of us. Like you said, fate will bring us together if we are meant to be together.” He smile but I can still see tears in his eyes.

“Whatever it is, I want you to have this, Zara,” he said taking out something from his pocket, It a gold charm bracelet. He takes my hand and put it on me.

 “It’s beautiful,” I said looking at him.

“Do me a favour, please,” he requested holding both my hand. “Wear it at all times. Takes it out only when you fall in love with someone else.”

I nodded “I will,” pulling out a silver bracelet from my pocket and put it on his I said “This bracelet belongs to my father and I want you to have it and you will wear this till you found someone new.”

 He pulled me closer to him “I love you. Just remember that.”

“I love you too,” I put my hand around him. Tears start falling again. We both cried and hugging each other till it time for him to go.

*****

ZACK POV

Tears keep on rolling down my eyes even when the plane took off. “Don’t worry honey. You’ll see her during your break,” mom soothed me.

“We’ve broke off, mom,” I sniffed, trying my best to wiping my tears which keep falling down. I hate it when I felt vulnerable like this in front of mom.

“Oh, baby,” said mom softly and pulled me to closer to her.

I put my head on her shoulder and cried my heart out, “I love her so much and it’s hurts so bad.”

“I know it does,” whispered mom holding me tightly as if I would break. She just let me cry on her shoulders until I finally calm myself but still laid my head on her shoulders. She rubbed my back softly without saying a word.

“I love her and she loves me,” I whispered softly as if talking to myself. “But, we’re doing what best for us.”

She just nodded, listening to what I’ve said, “we’ve made the right decision, right mom?’ I said and looked at her.

“Yes,” she nodded and I rest my head back on her shoulder, new tears rolling down from my eyes. “You both have made the right decision,” she continued softly. “I’ve made the same decision when your dad was accepted to Harvard, but fate still brought us together at last. If you and Zara are meant for each other, she’ll be yours no matter what.”

I nodded, “Yeah, we will be together,” I said softly more like a promised to myself. Mom nodded and kissed my forehead tenderly.