Being with you - Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

ZARA POV

The bell finally rang indicating it’s the end of the day. I was closing my books when Mrs Edward, my English teacher called me. “Miss Duncan, can I speak to you for awhile?”

“Sure,” I said making my way to her desk.

“Ms Duncan, I’m very impressed with your essay yesterday,” she told me proudly. “Amazing what you are able to write in just a short period and I know you would come out with something much more interesting if given a week.” She continued with a smile. “Therefore, I would like to recommend you to be one of the columnists for our school newspaper. Would you like that?”

“Oh! Yes. I would love it, Mrs. Edward.” I happily told her.

“Good. Meet me at our press room in an hour. I’ll introduce you to Rick Cornwell, the school Chief Editor. They’re having their weekly meeting today.” she said gathering up her thing and make her way out.

“Yes!!!” I was jumping in joy. My day ends with something great. Something I love doing. Something I’ve been doing in my former school. I was dancing my way back to my desk to pick-up my things when I heard someone says “Somebody look like she’s very happy.”

I turned a round and found Zack’s smile widely at me. Gathered my things I quickly went to him. With a big grin on my face I told him the good news.

“Well congratulations,” Zack says extending his hand to me which I happily accept.

“Thank you. I can’t wait to tell Jenny.” I’m babbling to him. “I’m so excited! Come on, quickly, Zack,” pulling his hand to walk faster with me.

We found Jenny at her locker and told her the good news. “I’m so happy for you Zara,” we both were hugging and jumping happily.

“Do you want me to stay back and wait for you?” she asked but she's looking at Zack.

“No, it’s ok. I can go home myself. Don’t worry,” I assured her.

“I can send you back”, interrupted Zack looking at me. “I have football practice today. I don’t mind.”

“You would?” asked Jenny excitedly. “Oh, Zack, you’re such a darling. That’s settle it then but make sure you send her home in one piece, ok?” Jenny winked at him.

“Of course, I promise. I assure you no harm will come to her,” he smiled and winked at me.

I just shook my head when Jenny kiss me goodbye and walked to her car. Walking back to our locker I said to him “You don’t have to send me back, Zack. I can go back myself.”

“Zara, I want to send you back. Anyway, I’m having my practice and I’m sure you’ll finish your meeting the same time as mine. So there is no problem at all.” assured Zack.

One hour later, Zack send me to the press room. “If you finish early, I’ll be at the field, ok?” he told me.

“Yeah, see you,” I nodded. Just as I about to enter the room, I saw Mrs. Edward and went over to greet her. We both enter the press room together. I can see everyone eye was on me. Thank god they didn’t glare.

“Mr. Cornwell,” calls Mrs. Edward toward a blond guy standing near a table talking to a girl. He turned and greeted Mrs. Edward, “Hey, Mrs. Edward, Good Afternoon.”

He looks at me ups and down and then smiled evilly at me. He looks like Edward Cullen except his skin is not as pale and his lips is black due to heavy smoking, I guess. So it’s confirmed he’s not a vampire. Phew!