Being with You - Chapter 14

Chapter 14

ZACK POV

Mark came to me when he saw me walking into the school the next morning, “I think I will have to clean your boots for the whole week,” he grimaced.

“What?” I asked surprised.

“Oh, good,” he chuckled, “You've forgotten about our bet.”

I shook my head, “No way am I going to forget about that,” I scoffed at him, “But who told you?”

“Well, there’s a photo of you and Zara on the press board,” he explained “Again,” he pressed. “But this time you both were sitting very close with your mouth on her ear,” he scratched his head, “or was it her cheek? I’m not sure.”

“Oh, shit,” I cursed and looked at Brad whose standing beside me, “I need to find Zara,” and ran towards her locker.

She was taking out her books from her locker when I found her. She doesn’t look panic or nervous like she did when our first picture together was out. Maybe she didn’t give a damn about it anymore? She didn’t realize I was coming so I decided to sneak up on her.

“Hey, baby,” I whispered from behind and she jumped.

Putting her arms on her chest she gave me an angry looks, “Zack, will you stop sneaking on me like that? You could give me a heart attack, you know,” she scolded hitting me with her books.

I laughed and leaned on her locker, “Are you, ok?” I asked.

She gave me a weird look and chuckled, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

She seems ok. Now that’s weird. It’s either she didn’t know about the photo or she really didn’t care anymore.

“Zack?” she woke me up from my thoughts, “Is there something wrong?” she suddenly asked looking at me intensely.

“Not really,” I hesitated, “I think it’s best you just ignore it.” I advised.

“Ignored what?” she asked, “What are you talking about,” she pressed.

“Umm,” I stammered, trying to find a way to tell her. I know she will be panic like she did the last time.

“Zara!!” yelled Jenny coming from the other end with the rest of the girls and their boyfriends followed from behind. Zara immediately turned to look at them.

“What’s wrong Jenny?” she asked anxiously.

“You don’t have to hide about you and Zack anymore,” Amy cheerfully told her.

“Huh?” Zara looked confused.

“Yeah,” injected Sue. She looked as happy as the rest of the girls except Jenny. I think Jenny knew her cousin would be panicked and worried when she found out about the photo. “Everyone already knows.”

“What?!!!” now Zara was really looked panic. She turned and looked at me with her pale face.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized to her softly, “Someone managed to snap our photo during the last Friday match,” giving her an apologetic look.

She looked at me as if she was about to cry. Without a word, she ran towards the press board and I immediately followed from behind with the rest. She looked so shocked standing in front of the board. The photo was actually printed in A4 size.

“They all going to kill me and glare at me again,” she said softly but not crying.

“No one going to kill you and I won’t let them do that to you,” I comfort and pulled her closer to me.