Chapter Nine

------------------------------------------

Dedication: 5boys_1love for suggesting the song; 'I hate everything about you' by Three Days Grace reminds her of Carter and Lacey.

Recap:

"Look." I said, running my hand through my hair. "It was fun, okay? Now go on and pretend this didn't happen. I'll do the same."

"Are you serious!?"

I just gave her a look, before I turned and walked out. "Oh and lock the door behind you. Thanks."

Striding out to my car, I slid in and pressed heavily on the accelerator. The car had hardly come to a stop as I heard the school bell buzz loudly. Hastily grabbing my bag, I rushed inside and made it into the hall.

I felt her presence before I saw her. I turned, seeing her mane of blonde hair cascading down her back. His arm was securely wrapped around her waist as she laughed at something he said. My teeth gritted together as I saw the picture perfect couple waltzing towards their first class.

Suddenly, I didn't regret this morning.

Not one little bit.

-----------------------------------------

Lacey's P.O.V:

The urge to punch Mercedes was increasing with every minute.

She wouldn't leave me alone, but every time I talked to her, guilt flooded her face and she would scuttle away. Every time I turned she was talking to Aiden and the sight of those two together made my skin itch. My hands trembled as I slammed the locker of my door closed.

"What's wrong diddums?" his annoying voice cooed from behind me.

Running my tongue across my teeth, I pivoted. His lips were stretched into his trademark smirk as he stood over me, arrogance rolling off him in waves. Just the sight of him made me want to strangle something.

Okay, so I was a little angry today, if that wasn't obvious.

I quirked an eyebrow at him as he stared intently into my eyes as if searching for answers within them. My face instantly became blank.

"You tell me?" I toyed, watching his reaction.

He swallowed, almost nervously. I tilted my head to the side curiously. There was something up. He let out a laugh which I immediately recognised was fake.

"Don't frown, Bub." he said, stroking the side of my face. "You'll get wrinkles."

I slapped his hand away. "I hope I do."

Relief flooded onto his face as if his question had been answered somehow. He smirked victoriously which made my frown deepen.

"Okay. See you this afternoon."

Frowning after him, I watched as he strolled from me casually. Well that was strange. Letting my body sag against the lockers, I sighed, running my fingers across my face. School was the last place I wanted to be right now. To feel my feet hitting the hard floor and my lungs burning is what I need.

The temptation to turn and walk out the door was so forceful it almost knocked me over. But, in reality, every time I got a little mad I couldn't just skip school. The bell signalled loudly overhead and a loud sigh left my lips.