Chapter Twenty Five

Dedication: xlightusdarkx for the cover!

Recap:

"Oh hi, yeah, um, have you seen Carter anywhere?"

"Yeah I passed him like a minute ago. He was heading upstairs."

"Alright, thanks," I said, giving him an awkward pat on the shoulder. I jogged upstairs. I instantly regretting doing so, suddenly feeling nauseous. I bit my tongue, refusing to vomit. I had to find Carter and sort this out.

I reached the top and met his back. He was leaning into a girl's ear. I had seen her earlier. It was hard to miss her. She was a foreign exchange student from France. I couldn't even tell you her name. She was attending our school for six months as someone in our year had stayed with her in France six months prior. She had worn a bright, fuchsia dress with diamonties scattered across the top. It was a bit blinding, if I'm honest.

She grabbed his hand and tugged him towards a vacant room. My stomach was in knots by the point. My eyes were burning with the desire to cry.

He turned back. His eyes meeting mine. They were void of emotion. The old Carter that I finally had gotten back, was gone. He gave me his trademark smirk. The one I had grown accustomed to and hated.

A tear slid down my face. I began to walk towards him.

"Don't," I whispered, my voice breaking. "Don't do this."

He reached toward the door, never breaking eye contact.

In one fluid movement, he slammed the door in my face.

I'd just like to thank Jadyn_yap for suggesting the letter idea! :)

Thank you Hayleigh__ for saying the song Safe by West Life reminds her of Carter.

--------------------------------

My legs collapsed underneath me. That's it. I'm so done with him.

"Miss, are you alright?" a voice asked me.

My vision was blurry and my head was spinning. I tipped my head back so I could stare up at the person addressing me. He was crouched down so we were level, but I couldn't see his face. He had a faded, blue skater hat shielding his face. He had broad shoulders and even from this angle, I could tell he was pretty solid. He looked kind of familiar. 

"Um, no, not really," I answered, my wrist aching from where I had fallen on it.

"Why don't you come with me?"

"Why would I do that?" I asked, a little taken back.

"Because you don't have a choice."

He met eyes with me and I froze. My entire body went rigid. It was one of the football guys that bashed Carter. The one I hit on the head. He grabbed me roughly, pulling me up. His touch somewhat triggered my muscles and I was able to move again.

His arm snaked around my waist and I screamed. His knuckles jabbed my jaw and my cries died down. He gripped me hard, dragging me off towards a room. This situation just went from 0 to 100 real quick. And I didn't like it.

"CARTER!" I screamed, despite everything that had happened between us in the past twenty minutes. 

The door was shut and locked behind him, quicker than I could blink. As everyone was equally, if not more, intoxicated than I was, no one ventured to my rescue. I never thought I would be that girl. The one you read about in online articles or hear on the news. The girl that everyone feels sorry for. And now, this very situation could be happening to me.