Jasper One Shot: Starstruck

Name: Johnson, Marika
Age: 21
race: Human
looks: Height:172 cm, weight: 50kg; brown hair, short spiky at the back, shoulder length with fringe at the front, blue/green/light brown eyes (thnx mother nature >.> ), with glasses; pretty and innocent/nerdy looking.
personality: I'm adaptable, articulate, communicative, inquisitive, intellectual, charming, multitasking, nimble, entertaining, upbeat, witty, whimsical, straight-forward, open-minded, enthusiastic, attention-loving, playful, out-going, adventurous, mind-oriented, verbal('you-just-won't-shut-up' might be better ^^' ), friendly, dynamic, youthful. But at the same time I'm dualistic, self-interested, restless, over-talkative, over-stimulated, fickle/inconsistent, vain, critical (and blunt), too playful, playing of mind games, boastful, ego-oriented, tricky(likely to deceive people), too curious, temperamental, "two-faced", insensitive, mercurial.

*Marika’s POV*

It’s funny how you can live your whole life, wishing you were someone else, better yet, with someone else. I had lived in Forks, Washington my whole life. I had attended school everyday for as long as I could remember. Life had always been pretty normal for me. I had many friends, whom I’d always talk with, and was even considered somewhat popular. Although, I was a bit nerdy looking, as some people may have said it once. I was pretty, actually beautiful even, but people see the glasses and books and the labels begin. Even then I was still very lively and to be honest, you could never get me to shut up. I like my glasses though. They made people; teenagers in particular, look at my eyes. They were beautiful if I do say so myself. They were a wondrous gift from nature; they were a mix of blues, greens and a light brown. Breathe takingly beautiful is what I’d get from most people. Yet I just wished I didn’t have to change my appearance so much in high school to have gotten the approval of a certain boy.

In high school I constantly thrived off the attention I was given. Yet, I could never get a certain blond to acknowledge my existence. Even when he would at least turn to stare at me, it always seemed like he was sad, or in pain. Yep, it had pained the love of my life to look at me. Great, note the sarcasm. I would try my hardest to talk to him, to start up a decent conversation with him, but it never worked. He would make up an excuse to leave saying his girlfriend was waiting for him. I had nothing against Alice, I herd she was very nice and it made me feel kind of bad for trying to make a move on her man, but yea. All is fair in love and war right? Well yea, I noticed that if Alice was the type of person he liked I would stoop down to being a hypocrite. You see, I don’t really care what people think of me. They don’t really know me, and what matters is what I think of myself. Yet I went back on that, I had once had long hair that flowed past my hips. I figured Jasper liked the way Alice looked, so I cut my hair. It was still brown just short spiky at the back with a shoulder length fringe at the front. I don’t regret it though; I think I look good with it.

Well high school ended soon and I graduated, without ever even getting a chance to express myself to Jasper. To be honest I hadn’t even herd of him or the Cullens. Well I herd about the wedding between Bella Swan and Edward Cullen. After that a few weeks after, no on herd from them since. Me? I went to college, in hope of getting over this stupid little crush. More like obsession if you ask me, no matter what I do he seems to plague my thoughts. Well I dated, I had fun, and I even did essentially well academically, in college. It has now been three whole years sense I had seen Jasper Cullen, or Hale. I never understood that, but the teachers called him under the name Cullen, so as did I.

I would figure, three years is more than enough time to get over someone. Yet no matter who, or how many people I dated, I always seemed to find a flaw in them. This one didn’t have blond hair, his hair isn’t curly, his eyes aren’t that golden shade, his complexion isn’t right…Notice anything? I did, none of them were Jasper, and that’s what I was looking for. He was what I wanted, what I considered perfect. No, Jasper Cullen is perfection. Well right now it’s time for holiday vacations so I’m on my way back from California all the way to Forks, Washington. I bet my mother expected some gorgeous guy to be escorting me by my arm. I didn’t care though, I was successful and doing okay in my eyes. Just because I didn’t bag a man while in school, for the third year, did not mean a single thing. I just wish the Cullens were back. I had just stepped outside of the airport, for the plane had landed. I was just going to see if my parents were there. Another plane had just landed and I saw a few people step out. The holiday seasons seem to be bringing lots of people together. Most were people I used to know from high school. ‘I bet they couldn’t wait to leave this place.’ I thought sighing. I continued walking forward with my head down, hoping no one would recognize me.