Fall

Damian's POV

Morning came quicker than I had anticipated. Looking out the window, I had just realized it was fall. I had been so wrapped up in everything that I hadn't realized the changing seasons even existed. I got up and got ready, going to the kitchen. I was surprised when Todd wasn't already there. I looked in his room and the bed was deserted, sheets still messy and clothes thrown everywhere. I saw a note on the pillow. I walked over and grabbed it.
     "Gone."
               ~Jason
     "Todd, I'm going to kill you." I grumbled, grabbing my sweatshirt from my bag and pulling on my boots before running out the door.

-

I ran down the sidewalk, my phone out. I texted him. The message was read but there was no reply. I shoved my phone back in my pocket, my mind going over ways I could kill Todd. I turned the corner and ran into someone. I fell back and shook my head, glaring.
     "Watch where you're- Grayson?" I suddenly realized who I had ran into.
     "Hey, Dami!" Grayson smiled, helping me up. "What are you doing? Why in such a big rush?" Grayson asked, sipping his drink which was in a paper cup, the black travel lid sealed tightly on the top.
     "What are you doing? I thought you were in Blüdhaven?"
     "Yeah but I decided to stop by here and hang around Gotham for a while. I'm staying at the Manor right now. Which reminds me, why haven't you been there? I thought-"
     "Sorry, Grayson, bye!" I yelled, cutting him off. I ran down the sidewalk and I heard Grayson yell to me just before I was out of earshot.
     "Check the coffee shop!" How did he know? I ignored my thoughts, running into the coffee shop and finding Todd just leaving the line with a coffee cup similar to Grayson's in hand. I stormed up to him and punched his chest.
     "Don't do that!" I yelled. "I thought-!" I was cut off by Todd's hand over my mouth. He dragged my over to a booth and removed his hand.
     "Stop yelling. I just needed to get out of the house." He said. "I left a note."
     "Some damn note. "Gone." I quoted.
     "I admit, I didn't elaborate so well." Todd rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly.
     "Yeah, no kidding, Todd, don't do that again."
     "I didn't know you cared." Todd raised an eyebrow.
     "<tt> I don't. Father would kill me if something happened to you. I'm already on not so good terms with him. Besides, you're still wounded." I snapped, crossing my arms. I admit to nothing. My mind searched for something to break the oncoming silence. "What are you drinking?"
     "Pumpkin spiced latte." Todd held it up.
     "Hmm." I glared at the drink and snatched it from his hand. Todd raised both eyebrows in surprise as I took a sip.
     "I thought you hated coffee." He asked, lowering one eyebrow so just one was raised in suspicion.
     "<tt>" Was my only reply as I kept drinking the coffee.
     "Hey, give it back, that's mine." Todd snapped, reaching for it. Suddenly it was a wrestling match for the coffee. "Get your own."
     "I don't have any money." I grunted, trying to keep the coffee away from him. He winced, doing the best he can to get the coffee without causing pain in his side.
     "I'll get you one, just give it back!" Todd yelled, making a final attempt to get the drink. I gulped down the last of it and handed it back to him. He smacked the back of my head, knowing it was empty, and went back up to get more.
     "No sugar." I smirked, crossing my arms. He turned and glared at me, standing at the end of the line.