Bat

Jason's POV

Damian's words seemed to cancel out everything. I couldn't think, couldn't speak.....I couldn't do anything...and when he walked through the door....everything just seemed to collapse. I hadn't seen his ugly face in so long, those blue eyes that seemed to have burned in the back of my mind next to the Joker's sick smile. The memories played in my head like a recording. Like I was there...
"What are you doing here." It wasn't a question.
"Jason. We need to talk." Bruce said, walking closer. I grabbed my gun from the night stand, my hands fumbling clumsily. I pointed it at him.
"One step closer and I'll blow your head off." My voice shook. Damian stood in the corner, watching. His hands were folded in front of him, his hair messy and eyes red and puffy as if he had been crying. What did Bruce say to him while I was out?
"Jason. Damian needs to come home. You need to come home-"
"You're the one who drove us away! You! You kicked Damian out and you betrayed me! I thought you loved me, and cared for me, and-and...." My voice broke as I tried to hold back my sobs. To hold back the tears. "Get out."
"Jason-"
"GET OUT!!!" Bruce turned and walked away, shutting the door behind him. I dropped the gun on the floor. It wasn't loaded, but Bruce didn't need to know that. I fell back into the pillows, rolling over onto my good side and burying my face in my hands. I had my back to Damian, who hadn't moved from that spot. I heard small feet scuff against the carpet as he finally did move moments later. A hand rested on my shoulder.
"Todd....what exactly happened? Father....Father never told me." Damian said, slowly. This whole situation. It was like an innocent human approaching a wounded animal. But this was no human and no animal. This was the son of Batman and the Bat Family's failure.
"Ugh, a lot of things, Damian. Of course he didn't tell you. He probably doesn't want anyone knowing how he failed. Especially his only blood son." I sighed, a couple tears slipping down my face.
"Father is sorry. He hasn't stopped talking about how horrible it was for him since you nearly put a bullet between his eyes in Arkham City...which was when he found out you were alive. That you weren't dead. Your death tore him apart. What if you came back? What if we both went back?" Damian suggested.
"I'm not doing that, Damian."
"But Todd-" I cut him off.
"I said I'm not doing that, Damian!" I laid there with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes to see Damian sitting in the corner, leaning against the wall. He was curled up in a ball. I've never seen him so fragile, not counting the first night he stayed here. I got up, wincing, but I ignored the pain. I slowly approached him and got on my knees, slowly lowering myself down into a sitting position that wouldn't aggravate my side. "I'm sorry, Damian."
"I'm tired. I just want to go to bed." Damian said, not turning around.
"Damian-"
"Todd." Damian said, sternly.
I sighed. "Ok then..." I got up, pain being overtaken by guilt. I watched Damian leave the room and I stumbled back to bed. I laid down and let myself fall into a dreamless sleep.