Sewers & Night Skies (a kpop fanfic)

*Thank you @GuiltyInnocence for the awesome cover!

This story was initially based on the kgroup LC9, consisting of Rasa, E.DEN, King, J-Hyo, Jun and AO and this story was partially inspired by their music video for "MaMa Beat".

Now however, after their disappearance from the kpop scene, this story will be edited and continued as a general kpop fanfic based mostly on my other bias group GOT7. Names will be changed and new characters will be introduced accordingly.

Minus the kpop related characters, the story plot and remaining fictional characters belong to me.

_________________________________________________________

Prologue

A drop of water seeped through the cracks of the rusty pipes and fell onto the grimy concrete floor, follow by another, and another. The sound of dripping could be heard throughout the tunnels, making the place seem dirty, cold and uninviting to another man. Not Junior.

With the speed and agility of an alley cat, he ran through the sewers, his feet making no sound as he turned left and right, through the maze that only him and a few selected others knew their way around. The scuttling of disturbed rats could be heard clearly. People said that the rats here were almost domestic, as well as being the size of fattened cats.

Eventually Junior's destination came into view. A large metal door appeared out of the darkness. Just like everything here, it seemed to be covered in a layer of rust and dirt.

He smirked. It was his turn to fight today. A vivid picture of his previous opponent came to mind; the boy had to be carried out of the arena, nursing his arm which was missing a few fingers. He may regain use of it someday, if he was a lucky one. If not... oh well. Shouldn't have been so cocky and confident in the first place.

He lock picked the door easily. There were no guard. But then again, Rasa knew he was coming. A glorious sight greeted his eyes behind the door.

Two combatants were fighting. Junior recognised the one holding the upper hand as Jackson. He did not know the second, but could clearly see he was regretting his decision to challenge Jackson.

The crowd screamed in anticipation and the hundreds and hundreds of people yelling in unison for bloodshed made the hairs on Junior's arms stand up. He loved that feeling.

The crowd parted as he walked towards the arena. Reputation was not easily an acquirable thing here, and yet he had it. Him and of course, the rest of GOT7. When he reached the front row, his friend saw him. Throwing a broad smirk in Junior's direction, Jackson grabbed his dazed and bloodied opponent by both arms from behind, and heavily stomped on the boy's back.

The shatter of bone and the scream of agony, echoed around the suddenly silent cavern.

The boy collapsed, unable to break the fall and landed face first into the sand. If he was lucky he dislocated his shoulders. Otherwise he had a broken back and was of no use to anyone, let alone himself.

Jackson spat out a mouthful of blood and hit the metal gate that separated him and the exit. The gate opened automatically and Jackson left through it, leaving the broken boy to the paramedics, not sparing him another glance.

Moments later he materialised in front of Junior, grinning broadly. "Wasn't I just amazing?" Junior tutted. "Didn't your mother teach you to pick on someone your own size?"

Jackson laughed, revealing his bloodstained teeth. "My mother's rules, unfortunately, don't apply here."

Junior cracked a smile, dropping the solemn, serious tone. "Well fought bro," he said, thowing an arm over the other boy's shoulder.

Then the bell rang, loudly and clearly. ''Juniorrrr versus Kim Woo Jinnnn!'' The drawling voice broke and cracked over the intercom. He should talk to Yugyeom about getting a new one. He looked over and saw his opponent making his was towards the arena enterance. He was about fourteen, tall and scrawny.

Jackson shot a quick glance at the boy and looked at Junior, who just shrugged and streatched, like a cat might before getting a bowl of nice warm milk. "Let's see what this boy was made of."