Chapter 30 - Dirty Liar

:Author's Note:

Hi :)

Well if you haven't known already, the last part of Ch. 29 has been changed, I deemed Tristan's confession extremely un-Tristan-like. It just didn't feel right--at all. So I deleted the whole part after the break and re-did. Hopefully it sounds more like Tristan. 

Also I'm hoping to finish Mark of the Moon this week. Yes. It's almost over. *cries* It makes me sad and happy at the same time... but mostly sad. There are three more chapters after this, and I'm going to have to kick butt to get them out before next Sunday :) So if all goes well, you guys won't have to wait long at all for the next chapter after this. 

And thirdly. I now have a facebook page for my wattpad account. So if you want to 'like' it and keep up to date with everything you can. 

Now you can go and read Chapter 30, enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 30: Dirty Liar:

  “I’m so freaking sick of having the weather around here being across the map! You’ll see, the moment I get out of here and move to someplace warmer, you’ll all be begging to stay with me,” Quinn grumbled, as we looked out the windows of the hallways, the rain hitting the pavement harder than the day before. If it was even possible. First was the snow that had previously bugged me to no end, but now when I actually needed it, it was raining. Pelleted, mud puddling, howling rain. It wasn’t even all that cold, the weather sky-rocketing up twenty degrees from the week before, coming to rest at the middle forties. Of course, I was the only one who thought this wasn’t still cold, it just seemed steamy and muggy to me. 

  The snow on the ground evaporated to make room for the giant puddles of mud and slush that cluttered everywhere, making it very difficult to walk home and being forced into the car for a drive home by either my father of Quinn. Through it all I had barely seen Tristan, even though I knew he was here, in this school. Lurking in the hallways, going from class to class, every time we passed each other we purposely had our hands brush and it was like a breath of fresh air in the claustrophobic environment I had previously called torture. It was nothing compared to this.

  I just nodded now sympathetically, not really listening. It sounded so bad that I was wrapped in my own problems to not pay attention to the girl who had devoted half of her life’s time to me, but I couldn’t keep my mind from worrying non-stop over the upcoming days. The countdown was a shrinking number that glared at me every minute of every day of this last week. “You have to promise you’ll come see me, Sammy,” Quinn begged, and I looked up, my mouth sand-paper dry.

  “Sure,” I tried not to croak out the words. It was partially because of the temperature of my skin that had me squirming in my chair of every class, the eyes of all the students seemed to be glued on me, but of course they weren’t, and partially because here I was, the person who would likely smack a liar, not only joining the club but I practically am crowned president. “Most definitely,”

  She cocked her head to the side, “Yeah, I here that voice. You are going to be Ms. Big Shot off at college, well guess what; I’ll steal you away from all that schoolwork if I have to,”

  I smiled a bit at her misjudgment of my lie, but at least she knew me well enough to know that it was one.  But her words reminded me of the manila folder that had shown up in the mail the other morning, that I managed to snatch away before my dad had a chance to steal a look at the official seal flashing itself on the front. It still lay completely unopened on the desk in my room, my laptop resting on top of it. It was much too thick to just be a rejection letter, and that thought made my stomach sick. How could it be? That I wanted nothing more than to get out of this town for my whole life, and here I was wishing that my biggest accomplishment would be a failure so I’d have another reason to stay here. It’s not like I could just up and leave for college now, no now I had a person that was worthy (or at least almost worthy) of me staying here, and I would be condemned into this sorry little town forever, because its non-the likely that he would get up and move out of his pack just for me. I mean come on; he’s the Beta for Pete’s sake. I could just see all my education slipping down the drain in front of me, only endless years of woods in my future. But at least I’d be with Tristan… right?