Chapter 22 - Terrible Firsts

**Authors Note**

Hey,

Well I just want to warn you that the time frame switches back and forth a couple times in this chapter, it is more like a couple flashbacks. Just warning you guys so you don't get confused :)

Vote and Comment Please :)

-Jess ;D

****

Chapter 22: Terrible Firsts

  In all of the years I had feared stuff, like heights and the sight of blood. Or the countless times I’d come down with a flu that was sure as fact wanting to drive me to delirium and fry my mind out with a fever, I’d never passed out before. Not really, I mean sure, people pass out on the couch, but that’s different, more like you fell asleep before you hit the pillow that kind of thing. But this was different, it was like my vision clouded out all of a sudden and I felt dully that my knees failed me as I collapsed to the wood floor. 

  Then it was normal as if you’re asleep, not knowing how much time is really passing. But for some reason my mind flitted back to a moment in time that was on my mind even if I didn’t know it, something that bubbled up from my memories.

  “I told you we should of headed over to the kickball fields instead, Sammy,” Quinn said exasperated, not much differently than she spoke now actually. I rolled my eyes as I glared at the full seats on the swing set, but we waited patiently in line, waiting for our turn on the swings. “I don’t even like swinging all that much,” she muttered, crossing her arms.

  I smirked at her, “Says the girl who described it as falling through space when she closes her eyes as she’s swinging. You’re just upset as I am that the swings seem to be all taken today.” She gave a harrumph noise, but relaxed her crossed arms slightly. She wasn’t really mad at me, more so mad with me.

  Kids were running around madly, playing kickball, soccer, or other various sports that involved being able to either run away from someone or be able to beam someone with a ball. But I never liked those sports, it was too aggressive for me, I preferred sitting on the swing and being able to fly through the air, with only cables and a seat keeping you from flying away. The closest I ever wanted to come to the sky, without being able to fly in reality.

  Next in line, but even there, that could take forever, and both I and Quinn knew it as we kicked stones idly in front of the swings patiently waiting in the small yet boisterous line. Even sixth graders apparently loved the swings like us, but most of which was because they wanted to sit in the chair and twist the chain up until you couldn’t grip the handles of the swing anymore without having your hands cramp up at the touch. The others would probably just sit there on the swings, motionless laughing the whole time; which was what half the population on the swings was doing at the moment.

  “Come on, we don’t even have that many minutes left in recess Sam, can’t we just go do something else. This is what we do every day, what’s the harm in breaking this little schedule, I can even see someone starting a basketball, everyone knows that you’d be there if they didn’t have swings,” Quinn begged, tugging on my arm, but I gave a glance at her staying put.

  “You can go if you want, but I want to at least get one opportunity to swing before we leave school for the weekend,” I stayed stubborn.

  “Come back during the weekend, anything, seriously Sam, this is ridiculous. I’m leaving, but don’t come crying to me when you spent your whole time in line only to have to go inside without being able do anything,” Quinn huffed and gave a pausing glance my way before leaving. My guess was she was hoping I’d give in and leave with her, but I wanted to swing. There was just something about being in the air and yet being able to be steady and not fear falling off. I would never know, it was just a goody two shoe like me’s version of a high.