Prologue

This is 2 months before the story begins,

Kathleen's POV

I woke up at the sound of my mom's voice.

 "Wake up kiddo your last day at college and we don't want you to be late do we." I groaned and sat up, I shooed her away and got in the shower. After that I got into my clothes. I wore a pink mini skirt with a white tank top on. I slipped my pumps on and tied my brown silky hair into a ponytail. I rushed downstairs to see my big brother Daniel and my mom and dad talking. Daniel nodded his head in my direction and then went back to talking I rushed out of the door. My Dad followed me out.

"Wait there, I will give you a lift." My dad said. I rolled my eyes and climbed into the car. "So today is your last day eh? And you will be collecting your certificates for your exams... Are you nervous."

"No? Why would I be? If I fail I fail, just like if I pass then I pass. At the end of the day it is what it is and I know I tried my hardest." Lies, lies, lies is all that was coming out of my mouth. Am I nervous? Of course I am nervous. Of course it matters if I fail or not. Dad pulled up just outside of the college.

"Alright then, I will see you later kid. Good luck." He smiled at me. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag and waltzed into the college. I went to my class room but there was a room change so I searched the whole college and found that the room was next to the entrance of the school, I felt someone run into my back.

"I'm so sorry Kathy." It was Roxanne. My best friend. I smiled at her and hugged her. "Are you nervous?" She asked me. I nodded. "Same" she said. We both went into class and sat down. The teacher began babbling on with her 'good bye and good luck in the real world speech asking us what we are all doing. Obviously I want to go to a university in America. I hear they are the best ones.  The whole day went by so quickly, at the end of the day we had to go to the hall. "Jamie Krept." They began calling students names to come down and collect their certificates with their grades on. For a moment I froze up whilst watching everyone walking down to collect their results. Some people laughed. Some cried and some didn't show any emotion. I kept thinking. How will I react? "Kathleen Swanson." This is it. I walked down and I could already feel the fear taking over me. the head mistress Mrs Lochlan shook my hand and smiled. I sort of smiled back and took my results.

"Thank you" I whispered. I couldn't even talk properly. I slowly began to walk back to my seat and open my results.

English - B

Maths - B

Science - A 

Drama - B

Art - A*

IT- B

History- C

Geography - C

4A's, 4B's 1A*, and 2C's. I felt a tear rush down my face and a huge grin appeared on my face. I got the grades. "Eek I'm going to Stanford!!!!!!" I screamed. Roxanne. "Yeah... I am going to the University of California baby!" Roxanne screamed. We both agreed to go to universities close to one another. She will be doing performing arts where as I will be studying Psychology. 

Later on in the evening me and Roxanne sat down on each others computers. We decided, we will decide each others room mate as we know each other way to well. I feel like Roxanne should have a guy. This is what she needs. She needs a man to satisfy her and get her over Leis. I am sick of her crying over that tart. There isn't a need and he isn't nice.

Kyle, Charlotte, Mae, Brian, Jim, Chloe

I already made up my mind she will have Brian. He sounds like a decent guy and isn't too bad looking either. There. Roxy has Brian. I tried to peak over to see who she has chosen for me.

"No you can't look." I sighed.

"Well don't pick someone stupid. I need to focus on the university and not some guy especially after what has been going on."

She smiled and nodded. I wouldn't put you with some one like John. I don't go that low. I will most likely put you with a girl.

What do you think of the up to date version. I felt it was stupid with the previous copy so I made it more realistic. Thanks for reading, please give me feedback.