2. Confusion

So this is chapter two. What did you guys think of it? Feel free to vote or comment!

Break-time suddenly arrived, and I happily made my way to my two best friends, Lucy and Lauren. Me and Lauren were besties all the way from nursery, and it as only in year 7 that we became friends with Lucy. I honestly wouldn't know what I would do without them; they were like the sisters I never had.

Lauren is the really pretty one. She's also clever, funny and Isn't afraid to speak her mind, especially toward Skye and Chloe, much to my satisfaction seeing as I laugh uncontrollably when that happens. Her beautiful brown curls really emphasise her sort of pink cheeks, giving the impression that she recently got a suntan. She's small but mighty and everyone knew not to mess with her.

Although I only met Lucy in year seven, I can safely say she is the best friend anyone could ever wish for but is rare; just like a diamond. She is also pretty, kind, humorous and pretty much down-to-earth. Her jet black hair alongside her amazing hazel eyes causes her to look like a Hollywood star. She's exceedingly tall and thin and has the most perfect figure; the figure most girls would dream of but would never actually get.

"Hey guys!", I exclaimed.

"Jade wassap girl?", Lauren and Lucy said in unison. I wonder what they're up too...

"Ha-ha nothing much to be honest, why is Jason staring at us?" I pointed my finger in the direction of Tyler, Jason, Matt, Dylan and a few others I didn't really know the names of.

Lucy lowered her gaze and suddenly took a huge interest in her nails as if there was something on them she hadn't seen before. And wait, was she blushing? My, she can be SO weird at times...

JASON'S P.O.V

I was staring at Lauren, Lucy and Jade chatting away, clearly having a good time. Had she told them yet? I couldn't figure it out, I mean she didn't act as if she did but then again she certainly was full of surprises. I was Eaves-dropping for a good ten minutes until I saw Jade rotate her head around the canteen to observe who was there. She met my gaze and I quickly pretended to check my phone. Phew, that was close, she didn't discover me being a creep. Well, at least I got away with it. Well at least that's what I thought anyway until I heard Jade ask why I was staring at them. Holy crap, I must have freaked them out but I was losing patience; why couldn't she just tell them?

Jade's P.O.V

Before we knew it, break was over and we were instructed repeatedly by teachers to go to our next lesson.

I was still freaked out about the events that had just occurred. What on earth was going on with Lucy? And why was Jason staring at us for so long? Wow, life certainly was unpredictable wasn't it?

We were halfway through English Literature when I almost fell asleep. I felt a tap on my shoulder and suddenly my tiredness disappeared as Mr. Read, our teacher bellowed at a student for arriving twenty-four minutes late to lesson. Argh god, can you keep it down I was telepathically saying to our annoying teacher. I turned around to see Lauren smiling at me. Aw, bless her cute little smiles.

"Thanks. What did I miss?", I asked her quietly, hoping sir wouldn't hear me.

"Not much really, Look who strolled in class twenty-four minutes late?", Lauren said, pointing towards the front of the class.

At first I hesitated, assuming it would just probably be the usual suspects; Tyler, Alex, Daniel, and whoever else that made a habit of being late to class, but seconds later I followed her gaze to the classroom door and I was shockingly mistaken. Were my eyes playing tricks on me because this couldn't have happened, could it? Oh my gosh, this was so shocking not to mention unexpected. The person I saw sir shouting at never ever came late and the worst thing of all was that the student didn't even look sorry.

Lucy smirked at the teacher and was laughing with Daniel. What the hell was going on, they can't stand each other and yet here they were arriving late to class and bursting out laughing? How could she go from polite and respectful to downright rude and careless so suddenly? Maybe she was just having a bad day and needed to release all her tension and anger, but even so didn't she know she could tell us anything? I didn't understand the situation and was left confused.

After what seemed like hours, Lucy finally had the decency to not let her stupidity get in the way of her actions and sat down in the chair two rows behind me. Meanwhile, Daniel glared at sir but slumped back on his chair without saying another word. Since when did they become so friendly towards each other? It seems to me they got on like a house on fire even though I knew that wasn't always the case.

At lunch we barely even saw Lucy, but when we did she just said she had to do something, before hurriedly walking in the opposite direction. Lauren and me looked at each other in awe and were utterly and totally confused by what had just occurred. What had gotten into her recently?

That evening I rang Lucy only to find her mum picked it up. After minutes of friendly chatter, her mum had told me she was out with someone but didn't know who it was. I thanked her for her help and immediately ended the call. Hmm, I wonder who this could be? And why hadn't Lucy told us? But then again, she was acting weird today and we barely saw her at school today. Something was definitely going on and I was going to find out using my great detective skills!

Okay so this was chapter 2 and it I know it was quite lengthy, but that couldn't be helped.  I'm working on the next chapter so hopefully I won't be disappointing you for too long.

Also, the banner on the right is Lauren so check it out. --->

Sara Xx