Chapter Nine

After i fell Lyle threw the doors open and ran toward me.

"SARAH!" he pulled me into his arms, “what did you do to her?"

"She wanted to go home," Blaze said.

"Lyle, it is your duty to take her home," Ash said.

A tear fell from his eyes and landed on top of my head.

“How could she choose to go home? It is unlike her," Lyle said.

"You haven't even met her," Ivy giggled.

"Shut up Ivy! I know her more than you think."

"Enough, now take her away, back to her home, where the little mundane belongs," Bone said.

"You have to admit, she was lovely,” Blake said.

"Oh shut up Blake," Sage said, throwing a deathly stare his way.

Lyle picked me up then and carried me out the doors. He walked to the edge of the city's wall. There was a gate that was guarded by two men in uniforms. The one on the right of the gate was short and bald; the one on the left was a little bit taller than the other one and had black hair.

"Can i help you, Lyle," the tall one said.

“I need to take Sarah Moth home, back to where she belongs, can you open the gate?"

"No problem Lyle," the shorter one said.

"Wait a minute Jake, he could be lying. Who do you know that would choose to go home and not stay here?"

"No one," the guy named Jake said. He then pulled out a sword. “You demon! What’s your purpose in lying to me?"

"I am not lying! Jake, stop messing around, tell him that i am telling the truth," Lyle said.

"Demon boy," Roy shook his head at Lyle.

"Look if you don't get out the way, i will fly my 'demon' self out of here, so whether you like it or not, i need to take Sarah home. Ask Ash if I'm telling the truth."

“No need to fly mister angel man," Jake said.

"Yeah, yeah we are only playing around, go on through Lyle," Roy said.

"Thanks guys."

They opened the gate. There was a parking lot with only four cars parked. Lyle opened the back doors to a small car and set Sarah very gently on the seats. He got in, started the car and pulled out his phone.

"Annabella, look i would love if you could pay me back now," He said into the phone. He pressed a button and the phone went on speaker phone.

"I know i owe a favor, what do you wish for me to accomplish, Lyle?" she asked.

“I need you to watch over Sarah Moth. She is different, and i think that when they erased her mind, she just went unconscious, they didn't permanently erase her mind, they blocked her memories but the memories are not gone. I need you to be there for two months to make sure she remembers. Do not let her remember until after the two months."

"That is all you need?"

"Yes," Lyle said.

"I will do it."

He hung up the phone and continued to drive to my house. When he reached my house, it was dark outside; all the lights in the house were turned off. Annabella was sitting on the porch waiting.

"Freeze time while we get her inside," Lyle said.

She raised her hands and mumbled something, time then froze. Annabella helped Lyle carry me into my house and up to my room. He laid me gently under my blankets, kissed my forehead and flew away with Annabella.

The flashback ended. I was in Annabella's arms; she must have caught me when i fainted.

"I remember," i whispered.

"You had the flashback? It was a success then," i got off of her and she stood looking at the window.

"Annabella, it’s only been three weeks, you were supposed to wait two months. Why did you make me remember so quickly?"

She turned around and looked at me with a serious look on her face.

"Something is wrong at Shadow City, you need to give an excuse to your mother and father so they will let you live on your own."

"I am not going back there! Do you understand me? I wanted to get away from the magic and the things that are all just fairy tales to me, this is reality and all that is not real!" i screamed. “Now just go fly away and do your dark magic somewhere else."

I got in bed and turned my back on her.

"Sarah, everyone needs you," she said.

"GO AWAY!" i yelled.

She flew out the window. I turned toward the window and started to cry. I cried until i fell asleep.

When i fell asleep there was a new visitor in my dream. I was standing on the ocean again, Lyle was drowning, his head was just going under water. He struggled trying to get above the water but the water just pulled him under more, i heard him scream my name; plead for me to help him. I didn't try to save him this time, i just stared.

"We meet at last."

I turned and saw a guy wearing a black robe.

"Who are you," i said.

"I am Benjamin," the man said.

"What are you doing here?" i asked.

"I come to get you my dearest. You will be my queen in the new world i am creating." he then disappeared.

"Among the stars we will live, just me and you, king and queen. Isn't that what you want?" he appeared behind me. He put his arms around my waist possessively pulling me closer to him.

"No that is not what i want, I want away from the fantasy, I want to live in reality. Please, don't return in my dreams again."

"Save me Sarah," Lyle was floating above the ocean, water dripped off his body.

"Looks like you don't need help anymore," i rolled my eyes. Every bone in my body ached, but i ignored it, i would not live in this fantasy.

"Go away demon boy," Benjamin swished his hand and Lyle was gone.

"Hey!"

"What is wrong Sarah dear? You do not wish to save him. He is a fool for asking a queen for help. As though you would have pity on his mortal soul."

I thought for several moments before replying. What is wrong with me? Lyle needs help, Shadow City needs help, and i am sitting here being selfish.

"No, leave me be. This is a dream and you are evil, i can feel It." now that i said it, i really could feel something evil about him.

He tightened his arms around me and kissed my neck. His arms moved higher and higher up my body. I broke free from his grip.

"Come back sweetheart," he pleaded.

I ran as far as i could.

"Lyle! Come back! Oh Lyle i need you!" i screamed as tears fells from my cheeks.

"You can control water," Lyle said.

I stopped, turned around and saw Benjamin laughing. As soon as he saw me looking at him, a wicked smile grew on his face.

He looked dark, as though he was made simply from darkness itself. I stared at him and urged the water to swallow him up. As i wished it with all my might, the water moved as i wanted it to move. It came around him like a cocoon. The next moment he was gone and the water was still, not a wave insight.