9: The Significance of Friendship

♡ Gail Smith ♡

The next day came in a flash. Actually, I have a little secret- I waited for Leah to return to our dorm but I was too tired to even wait anymore.

I mean... I act like a creepy stalker and seriously? It's just not me.

I felt someone poke my cheeks and saw my best friend, Victoria poking them.

"Rise and shine, sunshine." She whispered.

I rubbed my eyes and saw Quinn, Kari, Danica and Leah on the other side of the corner, giggling.

"What's going on?" I frowned at Victoria.

Victoria frowned back unable to even say anything.

"It's about Leah's date last night. They're talking about it." Victoria shrugged.

"Oh." I replied, shoving my blankets and ready to approach the other girls.

Victoria took hold of my shoulder and eyed on me widely.

"What are you doing?" She whispered.

"I'm... approaching them?" I answered nonchalantly.

Victoria crossed her arms on her chest and sighed.

"You are one crazy girl. You know this would hurt you." She sighed in defeat.

"Hurt me? Look Victoria, I don't like Zayn and Leah's my... friend." I answered, trying to regain as much composure as I can.

"If you say so." Victoria sighed, letting it go. She knows best not to argue with me. It gets to nowhere, trust me.

And so, I made my way to the other girls.

"What's up, gals?" I asked, trying to smile even if I'm flashing those fake Barbie smiles with the white shimmery teeth. *shivers*

"It's Leah." Quinn squealed.

"Her date is OMG, I wish Louis will do the same with me." Danica sighed dreamily.

"Not a chance, Danica. Lou is going to do that with me." Kari sighed.

"Want a piece of me?" Danica snapped.

"Why not?" Kari angrily says.

Quinn stops the two girls from cat fighting- AGAIN.

"Not this time. It's early in the morning, alright." I groaned.

They stopped fighting and began squealing in delight once more, interrogating Leah.

"Come on, Leah. We've been interrogating you like... a hundred times already and you ain't speaking up." Quinn says.

"Yeah, tell us what happened last night." Kari pleaded.

"You guys, nothing happened." Leah winks.

Then, the girls all shrieked.

"No way, with that look on your face it's impossible nothing happened last night." Quinn gasped.

I felt my chest tighten.

Quinn's right. With all of Leah's giggling and blushing it is impossible nothing happened last night.

"Oh my gosh, did you wear a cute bra last night?" Kari asked.

I was of course, taken aback with her question. Victoria was too. We even exchanged glances.

"Not even close, Kari. I wore a seductive one." Leah winked.

Again, they all shrieked. I tried to shriek and appear all excited too so I wouldn't be too suspicious.