4: To Love or To Forget?

*Dedicated to Kari/@MsMouse97 Dianna Agron as Kari >> ( pic on the side)

Gail Smith

Devon and I happily skipped to our dorm, first day of school sure is hectic.

I asked Danica if she wants us to go back together but she insists on practicing until dinner time.

It was fine with me to wait for her but she insisted on me going first.

Huh, wonder what's up.

Devon told me he's also living in the dormitory. I mean--

How cool is that? We're going to be seeing each other pretty often.

"When did you start singing?" Devon asked.

"Me? I started singing in the bathroom. Actually, it started when I was LSS-ing in this One Direction song. Afterwards, it became a habit for me to sing when taking showers." I laughed.

"Really? That's cool." Devon chuckled.

"You?"

"I started singing when I was five. I joined the church choir for two years when I was ten. When I turned thirteen, my friends and I formed a band called 'Gluttoniacs'."

"Gluttoniacs?" I snickered.

"What? We're all gluttons and maniacs." He shrugs casually, "And we're thirteen at that time."

"Wow. So you're really talented in singing, unlike me. Where's your band mates now?" I asked.

"Oh, they were all the same. They went to business school. Music is just a past time for them." Devon sighed.

"You miss them?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, I guess.. I mean-- we've been so tight. We went on gigs in cafes and bars like that.. I kinda miss the feeling." Devon says, raking his hair with his fingers.

"Lemme guess-- You're the lead singer?" I chuckled.

"Why would I be enrolling on a Voice course if I'm not the lead singer?" Devon states a matter of factly.

"I don't know." I chuckled.

Halfway towards the dormitory, I met up with Victoria and Kari.

When the two girls saw us, they were waving frantically.

"Hey! What's up?" Kari perkily asked.

"Fine." I replied.

"Didn't you have fun?" Kari asked questionably.

"It's okay." I shrugged.

"Yeah, seems pretty lost in her thoughts earlier." Devon chimed in.

"I wasn't! I was listening to music." I retorted, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh. Victoria and I were tasked to do three pieces of looks. Day wear, evening wear and work wear." Kari smiled.

"Well, that's awesome. Today we only had a tour of our classrooms and didn't you know that --"

I was about to tell them about One Direction but then remembered Mrs. Brown telling us to keep it a secret.

I feel kind of guilty.. the fact that I'm hiding something from them... from the girls.

"That...?" Kari inquired, raising one brow.

"Did you know that we're the only two freshman in our class?" Devon finished for me.

"Really?" Kari's eyes sparkled.

I glanced at Devon to mouth a quick "Thanks". He mouthed a "You're welcome" and flashed me his captivating smile.