8: Something's Brewing

❄ Leah Xyrene ❄

Right now, Zayn and I are heading to the nearby Chinese restaurant just across the block.

"Oogway Specialty House" is the restaurant's name.

"Say Zayn, don't you know oogway means turtle in English?" I smiled at him.

"Really? Turtle? Do Chinese people eat them?" He asked curiously.

"I have Chinese blood and yes, they eat turtles. Believe it or not, it tastes delicious and it's healthy for your body too." I answered.

Thankfully, I still have a bit of knowledge about our Chinese culture.

"That's kind of.... cool." Zayn replied, unsure of what to answer.

"No worries, you won't offend me in any way about Chinese turtles." I smiled at him.

"Well, I kind of find it a bit scary." Zayn shrugged.

"That's more like it." I smiled at him.

I would rather have the bitter truth than a sweet lie.

We took the table near the window sill so that we would be more secluded. Zayn even has to wear these weird disguises again.

I mean- how can he possibly eat with that fake moustache on? :P

My palms are sweating when Zayn pulled the chair for me to sit on. He's such a gentleman.

The waiter came in and gave us the menus.

I saw Zayn uncomfortably open the menu making me laugh.

"Specialty of the house is turtle soup." I started.

He seems uneasy at first but then decided to tell me the truth, I guess?

I was actually just testing him. :)

"Let's not order that." Zayn snickered.

"Okay then." I nodded. "What about orange chicken?"

"Sounds better." Zayn smiled.

I have a feeling this date would go well. Although I'm not even sure if I should call this a date since it's just simply a dinner outside.

"Okay, let's order that then." I raised my hand and the waiter approached us.

"Two orders of orange chicken please."

The waiter scribbled it down and asked, "Drinks?"

"Iced tea please."

I was shocked but kind of felt relieved. Finally, Zayn said something. I want this date to be comfortable between the both of us.

"I'll have that too." I smiled back at the waiter.

The waiter closed his pen and smiled at us, leaving us all alone again.

There's this deafening silence I want to break but I just can't seem to find a topic for us to talk about. I mean... I'm with a real, world idol sensation here.

"So um.. what brings you to take me out to dinner?" I asked, hoping to get an answer because I sure as hell want to know why.

"Well, I think you're a nice person and you're really cute too. I just want to get to know you." He replied confidently, peeking through his phone once in a while. Actually, it's distracting me but nevermind. Must be his manager or someone in the show biz.

So we're in the getting to know more stage? How exciting! :D

"Thanks.." I blushed.

"So what about you? What makes you agree to the date? And I bet there's something between you and your teacher back there? Is there?" He teasingly smirked.