Chapter 22: Distortion

Waking up the next morning in Tristan's arms felt like a dream. It's how I wished things would have always been; not having a care in the world. I wondered what our future would be like with not having the weight of the entire pack in our hands.

Not that something like that would ever happen, but it doesn't hurt to daydream. Most mornings when I get up Tristan's already up and out of bed taking care of pack business. He's been trying to obtain the proper permits to open up a restaurant bar on the waterfront.

Normally, I wake up to an empty bed and spend most of my day tending to the needs of the pack along with the help of the other mates. After all that is done, I lock myself in my room for a few hours, I'm taking online classes in hopes of finishing up my bachelors degree in accounting. My ultimate dream is to graduate and be able to help Tristan maintain the pack's finances.

Majority of nights I go to bed alone, because Tristan is out running patrols with the guys. So, being able to go to sleep last night or shall I say in the early morning hours after spending a lot of time making up with Tristan next to me made it the best night I've had in a really long time. Sad huh?

Guess it's the small sacrifice couples have to make for becoming Alpha and Luna. It's all a part of growing up and being mature adults. Not that I was complaining or anything, because I loved being Luna. It's just sometimes I missed life when things were so much simpler. I could tell Tristan was still sleeping by the way his chest rose and fell underneath my head at a steady pace.

Not being able to control myself, I began tracing my index finger along his muscular chest and over his six-pack. "Mm, keep it up and we won't be leaving this bed at all today." Tristan's husky voice whispered from above me. What the heck, he was meant to be sleeping while I was secretly perving his perfection.

Tilting my head upwards, I looked into his smoky eyes and gave him a shy smile. Memories of the last couple hours we spent in bed attacked my mind, Tristan and I haven't explored each other's bodies that thoroughly in like ever. Guess that's why people say making up is the best part of fighting. Maybe we should argue more often?

Clearing his throat, Tristan brought his hand up to my face and tucked my hair back behind my ear. "Last night was one of the best nights of my life." He admitted giving me a genuine smile. "Me too." I agreed, lifting my head I shifted a bit so I could kiss him good morning.

He kissed me in return and began mindlessly rubbing my back as I lay my head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his manly scent. "I need to speak to your brothers before we head back home." Tristan announced. I could hear by his tone of voice that it was laced with worry? "How about I run you a warm bath while I go speak to them?" Tristan suggested as he untangled himself from me and stood up from the bed yanking on his boxers.

With a puzzled look on my face, I sat up quickly pulling the covers up to shield my body. "What do you have to talk to my brothers about?" I inquired wanting to know what was on his mind. Tristan shook his head dismissively and gave me a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Why don't we shower and then go talk to them together?" I suggested, giving Tristan a 'I'm not taking no for an answer' sort of look.

Tristan's shoulders fell a bit as he sat back down on the bed in defeat. Guess he realized in order to keep the peace between us, he needed to include me in everything from here on out. I sat up on my knees and threw my arms around his shoulders, hugging him from behind. "Whatever it is baby, don't worry. Things will work themselves out." I reassured him, unaware of the huge weight of an upcoming challenge to the death on his mind.

"I suppose it can wait, you have a right to know too." Tristan all but whispered before he spun around and picked me up. Carrying me into the shower, we spent another hour exploring one another before Tristan announced the sooner we spoke to my brothers the quicker we could head home. Is it wrong of me to say I wanted to prolong returning home as much as I could?