Chapter 15: Anniversary Away

A knock sounded on the bathroom door just as I just finished curling the last section of my hair. "You ready yet baby? It's seven-fifteen and we have to be there by seven-thirty." Tristan's voice called through the door. Not an ounce of impatience laced his tone and that's why I love him so much.

Smoothing out my dress, I puckered my lips in the mirror and took one final satisfying look at myself. I looked pretty hot, if I don't say so myself. It took a lot of work getting ready considering Tristan wouldn't tell me where we were going.

The emerald green dress crisscrossed over my breasts and flowed out at the waist coming to a stop just below my knees. I paired it with my favorite strappy gold sandals along with gold accessories. Spritzing on a few squirts of perfume, I fluffed up my hair and was ready to go.

Opening the bathroom door, my breath was sucked right out from my lungs as I took in a spectacular view before me. Tristan stood there poised to knock once more and boy was he a sight to see. So damn sexy in a pair of gray dress pants, black dress boots, and a fitted black button up dress shirt defining his muscles.

With our lips slightly parted, both of us stood dumbfounded staring at one another. The same star-struck look could be found in both our eyes. "Wow." Tristan breathed out as a breathtaking smile spread across his lips. "You look amazing." He quickly closed the distance between us, pulling me into his arms.

The way he stared down at me with his penetrating gaze made me a bit nervous, it was so intense. "You look amazing." I repeated in a hoarse whisper, it was almost as though I didn't have enough air in my system to speak up. I licked at my glossy lips, which were feeling dry all of a sudden.

Not wanting to ruin my makeup, Tristan quickly pecked me on the lips and grabbed a hold of my hand tugging me towards the steps. "If we don't get going now, we'll never leave." Tristan insinuated with a smirk over his shoulder, pervert.

As Tristan drove towards the harbor, orange twirled with pink hues blended colorfully on the horizon as the sun set. Where was he taking me that we were going towards the harbor? "Are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked turning my head to gaze at the side of his handsome face.

A sneaky smile gave me the answer I was looking for. No, of course he's not going to tell me! Pulling up to a parking space at the harbor, Tristan came around and led me down towards the docks. We passed a sign that read last ferry ride at six o'clock. So what're we doing here?
"What're you doing baby? The last ferry ride was at six." I pointed blatantly to the sign as Tristan practically dragged me towards the ferry docked at the harbor. "Shhh. Get on." Tristan smirked as he tilted his head in a 'go ahead' gesture.

What? There's no way I'm getting arrested for sneaking onto the ferry. "No, we're gonna get in trouble!" I whisper shrieked, surprised he would even suggest something like this. We're Alpha and Luna for goodness sakes. We have an image to uphold. How would it look if we get locked up for breaking the law?

Tristan shook his head and let out a loud chuckle. "Calm down sweetheart, it's not that serious. I rented out the ferry for the night." Aww, he rented out the ferry? How? "Just me and you." Tristan whispered against my ear as he stood behind me. "Now get on." He commanded in his Alpha tone, making it impossible for me to not listen.

"Hey George." Tristan greeted a man who looked to be the captain of the ferry with a wave. "Thanks for doing this for me." The santa clause look alike waved back with a wink. "Anytime Tristan." Do I really want to know how Tristan knew George the ferry captain...no I don't.

With the flip of a switch, the entire ferry came to life. The upper deck was decorated with white string lights. In the middle of the upper deck was a table for two, it was set up with rose petals spread across the top of it and a bottle of champagne on ice.

I turned around to face Tristan unable to hide the fact that I was pleasantly surprised by this sweet romantic gesture. Like really, what guy would think of something like this or even go through all this trouble? The ferry pulled away from the dock and began chugging it's way around the bay.

Pulling out a seat for me at the table, I sat down and immediately felt Tristan's lips brush against my cheek. Tristan moved taking his place in the seat across from me. I almost burst out in laughter...almost...at the sight of Max who was dressed in a tuxedo as he appeared from the bottom deck with two plates of food in hand. Wonder what he did to merit the punishment of being our waiter for the evening.

"Dinner is served." Max announced in his most professional voice. I could see right through him though as his eyes gleamed with amusement. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he actually volunteered to do this.

"Thanks" Tristan and I said in unison as Max placed our dishes in front of us. "If you don't like it too bad, it's all I've got." Max chuckled as he returned downstairs. We sat and ate our lemon pepper chicken with roasted vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes in a comfortable silence, just enjoying our food.

Soft music began playing out the speakers, which startled me at first, because I had no idea what it was. "Dance with me?" Tristan asked sweetly holding out his hands for me. I stood and wrapped my arms around his neck placing my head against his chest as we swayed slowly to the beat. Closing my eyes I cherished the moment. "I know it's not until tomorrow, but Happy Anniversary baby. Thank you for giving me the best three years of my life."

My eyes began to fill with happy tears. Three years have flown by in the amount of time it takes to snap my fingers...or at least it seems that way. "Happy Anniversary, I love you and thanks for doing all this for me." I grinned, allowing my eyes to trail from the stubble on his chin all the way up to his ashen gray eyes.

"You're welcome." Tristan breathed out obviously caught up my intense stare. "Would you mind taking off you're shoes? I wouldn't want them getting ruined." Tristan suggested as I felt the ferry come to a stop. Why would my shoes get ruined? Was that it? Is the ferry ride over?

Looking over the edge of the boat I noticed we pulled up to another dock....where the lighthouse is! Aww this is where our first date took place. Stepping off the ferry, me barefoot with my shoes in hand and Tristan with a large duffel bag slung over his shoulder. I wondered what was in the bag?

Tristan took my hand and led me across the sand towards the lighthouse. I heard the tooting of the ferry's horn, so I turned around to see it pulling away from the dock. Where the hell's it going? "Wait!" I cried out throwing my hand up in the air. "Tristan it's leaving us!" I shouted trying to turn around and run for the ferry.

Yet, another chuckle was heard and this time it echoed loudly. "Baby, that's the idea. We're staying here for the night." Tristan said throwing his arm over my shoulder and leading me towards the lighthouse. What? Where are we staying? "Everything we need is in this bag. We're sleeping on the lighthouse deck under the stars tonight." Tristan whispered against my ear causing my body to develop goose bumps.

How can we spend the night here, what about the pack and his Alpha duties? "Luke's got everything under control back at the house. He'll update me with any problems, so stop worrying" Tristan reassured me, almost as though he could read my thoughts.

The vast sky stretched out above us as I snuggled my head into a more comfortable position on Tristan's chest. We were tucked into the double sleeping bag underneath the stars. Tristan wasn't lying when he said it was magnificent here at nighttime. The only noise that could be heard was the waves moving to and fro. Being able to spend alone time with Tristan was satisfying enough for an anniversary present. He's the best gift I've ever received in my entire life and I'm so blessed that he's all mine.