Chapter 1: Summer Fun (Picture of Annalise)

Definition of Evince: to show clearly; make evident or manifest; prove.

Lise's POV

2 Years 10 Months Later...

Royalty a seven letter word that when mentioned makes one think of status, dignity, or power. A person with such a rank is looked at to be a role model of sorts for others. Sure I'm a Princess who comes from a lineage of royal blood, but almost three years later I'm still just regular old me...Annalise Nina Foster Perez.

Yes people, I changed my name keeping Annalise Foster and just adding the name Nina and Perez. It can be confusing at times, but I was dead set on keeping Annalise as my first name. Wanting to honor my birth mother who died saving my life, I kept her name as my middle.

My brothers Rico and Alonso have gotten accustomed to calling me Lise. The only person that calls me Analia is my second Dad...Alpha Perez. Old habits are hard to break I suppose, but it's ok with me since he usually calls me princesa or nena.

It took some getting used to, but Mom and Dad have grown to accept the world of werewolves around us. Mom thought the idea of having a mate and me becoming future Luna of the pack was absolutely adorable...note the eye roll. She's such a hopeless romantic, but I wouldn't have her any other way!

The lot of us just finished our second year of college at UMaine and we're absolutely loving it! We're all going to the same university, Anya included...so you know that spells trouble. I'll be nineteen this month and Tristan will be twenty-one in August which is also when we'll be celebrating our three year anniversary together...eek!

We rented a house close to campus for the past two years, but now that Tristan's becoming Alpha we needed to say goodbye to all of this and move back home to Port Clyde. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for the chance of being allowed to branch out and experience a bit of life. I only wished I was able to finish college at UMaine, but since duty calls we'll have to transfer closer to home.

Speaking of duties, I was terrified of the future. I wasn't prepared for the whirlwind of responsibilities that lie ahead and all the supposed dangers that come along with it. Before being thrown to the wolves...so to say, we're spending the summer in Spain!

Guess it'll be our last bit of fun before getting serious and taking on our newfound responsibilities as Alpha and Luna. I kept my initial promise to Alonso and returned the summer after graduating high school. Luke, Anya, Tristan, and I have spent the last two summers there, having fallen in love with it!

"The two of you think you packed enough or you wanna go get a few more suitcases?" Luke huffed sarcastically while loading our luggage into the back of Tristan's Navigator. Geez, the way he was growling and grunting you'd think he was a simple human and not a strong wolf!

I glanced over my shoulder from the passenger seat at Anya who was sitting in the back with a coy smile. What?!? We're going away for the entire summer! A girl can never pack too many outfits, you always have to make sure you pack comfy clothes, sleepwear, dressy outfits, and let's not forget the accessories and necessities. Don't even get me started on the footwear, that's a suitcase in itself!

"Nah, I think we're good with three suitcases each, we actually packed light this time." Anya chuckled evilly. You'd think we were both royalty the way we were sitting pretty waiting on the guys to load our belongings...haha! Besides, they're the ones who insisted we didn't lift a finger!

I couldn't help the snigger that escaped my lips. Anya's such a smart ass, I don't know how Luke deals with her for such long periods of time! Then again doesn't the saying go 'birds of a feather flock together?' They're two of a kind!