Chapter three

(Louis's POV)

I wake up peacefully and naturally for once. I'm cuddled into Harry's arms atop of the several layers of blankets on the hard wood floors. His arms are wrapped firmly around me, and my head is resting on his shoulder. He's a nice pillow. His skin is so warm.

I flutter my eyelashes and apparently that's enough to wake him up. He slowly cracks open his eyes and stares down at me, a smile creeping onto his lips.

"Morning," he says in his groggily morning voice, and, oh God, it's just too much for me to handle in the morning.

"Good morning," I say. I glance over my watch and correct myself. "Well, I guess afternoon. Seems like we slept in," I laugh.

He frowns, lifting up my hand to look at my watch. "Shit," he mutters under his breath.

"What's wrong?" I wonder.

"I have to go."

Harry gets up off of the floor and I whine, reaching out for him. Why is he in such a hurry?

"Sorry, baby. My parents are expecting me home soon. I don't want them to get suspicious-- and trust me, you don't want that either," he warns. He throws on his shirt that was resting on the floor nearby and pulls it over his head, messing up his hair in the process. He runs his fingers through it and fixes it.

I groan in annoyance. "But I'll be lonely." I complain. When Harry's not here, everything is so quiet. It's like the place is entirely empty.

"Then call Liam and Niall over," Harry suggests.

"Why, so I can watch them make out and be all coupley? Yeah, no thanks," I grimace at the thought.

"Stop complaining. If it's so uncomfortable being here alone, go out."

"Out?"

"Yeah, like, go shopping. Oh, how about you buy some furniture and such? It's empty in here," he says, glancing around.

Thank you, captain obvious.

"But Harry-"

"I have to go, sorry. My parents want me to come to some sort of dinner tonight with one of my dad's friends," he says. I pout and he combs his fingers through my feathery hair. "Go shopping or something. Get out of the house for a while . . . socialize, it's healthy for you. I'll see you soon," he promises.

I hum in response. He kisses my nose lightly and tells me goodbye. He heads out the door, leaving me in the still silence.

I guess he's right. I should get out of the house and do something. Maybe I'll go shopping or buy some things for the apartment.

A bit of sunlight never hurt anybody, I suppose.

* * *

I turn the corner of the sidewalk, making my way towards a the furniture store. I step inside and the tiny bell rings over my head. Thankfully, it's air conditioned and I wipe a thin layer of perspiration off of my forehead.

The store is full of beds, couches, and chairs. It smells nice, too. Soft music plays in the background and I casually walk around.

My budget isn't very large. After all, the only money I have is the bank loan and a few hundred from my parents. I have to find a good deal.

A plump man in a bright salmon blazer greets me. I assume he's the boss here. He smiles brightly, causing little creases to form above his brow. His hair is a light shade of gray and he shakes my hand. Ew, his hand was sweaty. I wipe my palm against my jeans and smile warmly.

"Hello, I'm Stephen. How can I help you?" he asks.

"I've just bought a new home and need some furniture for it and-"

"Oh, wonderful! What were you thinking? What style?" he questions eagerly.

"Don't know." I say honestly

"Well, we have plenty of different styles here. Please, follow me." he says. I nod and trail behind him as he escorts me through the store. First, he shows me some nice leather couches. One glance at the price tag and I refuse. Do I look like a millionaire to him?

"Not exactly in my budget range. Can you show me something else?" I ask.

"Of course! I think I have the perfect thing for you-- and it's cheap, too." he booms. He tells me to follow him. He takes me to the other side of the store. He shows me a few more couches, but these ones are a bit more reasonably priced.

Still, none of them fit the atmosphere of the apartment. Stephen yaps on and on about how it's such a great deal, but I don't give in.

"I don't think-"

"That's okay! There's plenty more I have to show you. Follow me." he says, interrupting me again.

When he turns around, I roll my eyes. This is going to take a while.

(Harry's POV)

When I get home, dad instructs me to immediately put on some nice clothes. He tells me that we're going out to dinner with friends. He doesn't bother explaining anything else. Not that it matters.

I trudge up stairs and throw on a nice blue blazer and jeans. I even comb my hair a bit, which I normally leave alone. I have to act like a perfect child tonight.

My family does this sort of thing a lot. We go out to eat with other rich people. It's incredibly boring and not to mention stupid, but I have no choice.

We all drive in one car to the location. I expect for it to be a good fifteen minute drive or more. To my surprise, we pull into the neighbor's driveway. The Portman's driveway.

"Mum? Dad . . . what are we doing here?" I squeak. I know I shouldn't be nervous. After all, Drew is back living with his mum. But still, his dad and step mum live here. It scares me.

The worst part is that my parents know about me and Drew. When I came out to them, I told them about our Summer romance. If they wanted to see the Portman's, they didn't have to drag me along with them.

"We're having dinner with them. It's been a while." Dad comments, parking the car. I glance up. The Portman's house is smaller than ours, but it's still large compared to the average house. Mr. Portman works for the same company that my dad does, he just has a lower status than my dad's.

"Why do I have to come with?" I ask.

"Because it's only polite, Harry. Now, come on. Let's go." my mum says. I grumble but don't argue. I get out of the car and we walk up the steps. My Dad rings the doorbell.

Mr. Portman-- Marvin-- opens the door. He's just like my dad. Thin, grey hair, wrinkly skin, and he could be mistaken as Drew's grandfather rather than his dad. I'm not actually sure if Drew's parents know about what happened that Summer. I wonder if he told them? I suddenly feel nervous. What if he knows?

Mum and Dad echo hello's to him. I remain quiet and cross my arms over my chest.

"Hello! Long time no see. Come in, please." he says. We walk inside. He tells us to take off our shoes so we don't track dirt into the house.

I really despise these types of things. People like my father are just so stuck up and snobby. I can't stand it.

We walk into the living room and sit around the large, round, wooden table. Cushioned velvet chairs encircle it. A large, diamond encrusted chandelier hovers over our heads. The air smells thickly of roast beef, steaming vegetables, and a hint of cranberry.

Mrs. Portman-- Drew's step mum-- walks into the room, holding a dish of roast beef.

"Oh, hello!" she grins.

My Dad smiles, "You look lovely, Mrs. Portman." he compliments her.

"Oh, stop it Mr. Styles. You're such a charmer." she blushes. They break into a soft round laughter. I softly sigh and consciously wish I was home instead of here.

"I guess that's where Harry gets it from." a voice chuckles.

I look over and see him leaning against the arch way to the dining room. I see his face, his arms, his body. I see him and immediately feel sick to my stomach. What is he doing here?

"Harry . . . are you alright, son? You look a bit green." my dad says curiously, resting his hand on my shoulder.

I lock my eyes with Drew's brown ones. The ones that I used to love. I feel like I'm about to throw up. That damn smirk on his lips. My legs feel like jello.

"I- I need a bathroom." I stutter.

"Down the hall, first door on the left." Mrs. Portman instructs me. I nod feverishly and run down the hall, desperate to escape Drew.

I trap myself in the bathroom and slam the door shut. My breathing speeds up and I start sweating immensely. Holy fucking shit . . . what just happened? No . . . no. I cannot let this happen. I can't have him back in my life. I refuse to let that happen.

I lean over the sink and splash my face, cupping the icy water into my hands. It feels nice and soothes me a bit. I blink a few times and dry my face with a towel.

The door knob wiggles. My breath hitches. What if it's-

It opens, revealing Drew. I step back and gulp nervously. He looks the same as he did last Summer, except now he's tanner and more muscular. He still has that shaggy, dirty blond hair, those warm brown eyes that enchant me. Those big, plump lips and-- no.

I remind myself that I hate him. I truly do.

He shuts the door behind him. "Are you alright?" he asks me.

I shake my head, "No. What are you even doing here? You're supposed to be with your mum-"

"Harry," he interrupts me. "I came here last Summer. It would make sense that I came here again, wouldn't it?" he asks.

I swallow again. The saliva building up in my mouth illimitable. I'm so nervous I can literally feel myself shaking.

"Please, just go." I squeak. He smiles smugly and steps closer.

"That's not what you want." he whispers.

"It is."

"Is not."

"I have a boyfriend." I blurt out.

His smile fades. He blinks rapidly a few times before asking, "You do?"

I nod quickly. God, I can feel Drew's breath on my neck. This needs to stop and it needs to stop now.

But I can't. I can't move. It's like my muscles and bones are locked in place.

"I've missed you." Drew coos.

"Stop." I croak, my voice shaking. He continues to look up at me with those sparkling brown depths.

"Did you miss me?" he wonders.

"No."

"Yes you did." he laughs sickly.

"Did not. You broke up with me, remember? With no reason." I snarl, suddenly gaining the ability to speak in full sentences.

"Listen, I'm sorry-"

"No you listen. You left last Summer before I could tell you off, so I'm going to do it now. You took my virginity, Drew. You were my first love and you broke my heart. You think you can just come back here and everything will be okay? It doesn't work like that. Besides, I have a boyfriend now and I love him and--"

I'm cut off by a pair of lips crashing onto mine. It only takes me a second to realise that it's his lips.

Out of instinct, I immediately push him off of me, shoving at his chest forcefully. He stumbles back and I glare at him. He gives me an innocent look.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Portman." I growl, pointing my finger into his chest. He just smirks again and smiles.

"How else was I supposed to get you to shut up?" he asks.

I scoff and shake my head furiously, "You have no right to talk to me like that. Don't touch me, don't talk to me, don't even look at me, are we clear? Good." I hiss.

I scurry out of the bathroom and run through the house, still trying to process what just happened. I didn't kiss him, no. I refuse to believe so. I head out the front door of the Portman's house, ignoring the voices of my parents and Drew's dad and step mum calling me from the dining room.

I decide to walk home with an empty stomach and the lingering feeling of Drew's lips.

What am I going to tell Louis?

[ many of you have been asking when I'm going to update and yada yada yada. I usually tweet about that, so follow me if you want to know! (@eagerlarry) ]