Chapter seven

[ Dedication goes to Larry_love42 because she left a really nice message on my message board that made me smile. Oh, and there's a trailer for Detention on the side! ]

(Harry's POV)

After we finish cleaning up, Louis finally convinces me that we should leave. I love him with all my heart, don't get me wrong, but his paranoia can get annoying sometimes. He's always afraid of something going wrong, as if nothing could possibly ever go right.

We end up going back to his place without having any problems, except for when Louis' pants got torn a bit around the crotch when we jumped over the outside fence. He threatened to cut my throat if I ever told anyone. I think I'll keep my mouth shut.

We pull into the parking lot of Lou's apartment. We get out and scurry up to his room, and he slides his key in and pushes open the door.

" 'm tired," he yawns, kicking off his shoes. I nod and do the same.

"C'mere," I say, holding out my arms tiredly.

He raises an eyebrow, as if to ask what are you doing?

"Just jump in my arms, I'll carry you."

"The room is like ten feet away, Haz."

"Don't care," I shrug.

He laughs, "Shouldn't I be carrying you? You are the one who bottomed."

A slight smirk appears on his lips and I can't help but blush.

"Oh shut up," I giggle and scoop him off the ground, placing my arms under his bum. I tuck him in close to me and press a kiss to the top of his head before carrying him inside the room and throwing him onto the bed, both of us laughing the whole time.

Louis wiggles out of his clothes until he's only in his boxers, and I do the same. I sigh as I feel him lay his head on my chest and feel his warm skin touch mine. I reach over and switch off the lamp, turning the room completely dark.

"Goodnight," I whisper, half-way asleep already.

Louis mumbles something I can't understand before I drift into a state of slumber.

* * *

The next morning, I decide to leave early. I haven't been home since . . . well, the dinner incident with the Portmans. Louis apparently doesn't want me to leave, though, because he keeps making up excuses for me to stay. He even said that if I left, a serial killer might come to kill him while he's alone. I told him that Brownie would protect him.

"I don't want you to leave. Ever," Louis pouts as I pick up my jacket from the back of the sofa. His fringe is drooped over his eyes and his bottom lip is poked out a bit.

"I particularly don't want to either, but unfortunately I have to. It's been a while since I've been home and I don't want my parents getting suspicious," I insist, heading towards the door. After all, I've been at Liam and Zayn's house far too many times for them to consider it normal.

"Brownie will miss you," he tells me. He thrusts the little kitten at me and flutters his eyelashes cutely. I hold Brownie in my hands and scratch her little kitten ears, grinning slightly at the way she purrs against my chest.

"I know," I admit. "But I should go home anyway. For two days, three days tops, okay?"

Louis sighs, "Well, at least text me, okay?"

"Of course," I say. I give him Brownie back, and Louis pets her silky multi-coloured fur.

"Bye Harry," he mumbles, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Bye love," I smile, kissing his cheek swiftly.

"I love you."

"Love you more," I call out before closing the door behind me.

I get into my car and drive home, which thankfully isn't very much of a drive. Only about five minutes. I'm still quite tired and my eyes keep drooping. I pull my car into the third garage and walk inside, holding in a sharp breath.

"You're home," Mum notes immediately when I walk inside the kitchen. She's seated at the kitchen island with her laptop in front of her face and her reading glasses fixed on the tip of her nose.

I hum in response and grab a glass from the cupboard and fill it up at the tap. I lean against the wall and gulp it slowly.

"How was Zayn's house?" she asks me.

"Alright," I shrug.

"That's interesting. I talked to Ms. Malik today and she said that Zayn is in Germany with his boyfriend Alex . . ." she says casually, glancing up at me with a slight smile tugging at her lips.

Shit.

"Uh . . . yeah, about that--"

"You were at Louis', weren't you? 'S alright if you were. I won't tell your father. He hasn't exactly warmed up to the idea of you dating Louis yet."

"No kidding," I scoff.

Mum raises an eyebrow and calmly asks, "Did you use protection?"

My heart drops, "Mum!" I almost yell, my jaw dropping.

She breaks out in laughter again and my face turns bright red as I toss my empty glass into the sink. I'm pretty sure I resemble that of a strawberry now and I can feel my face burning. I turn away without saying anything else. Honestly, my mum could win the awkward award. She's even worse than me.

I jog up the stairs to my room, chuckling at the sound of my mum's faint laughter still echoing in the kitchen. I close the door behind me and sigh as I look upon the familiar sight of my incredibly boring and bland bedroom.

My phone suddenly buzzes slightly in my pocket. I slide it out of my pocket and narrow my eyes at the bright screen. 1 new message.

From: unknown number

Hey. Can we talk?

I don't recognize the number at all. Weird.

To: unknown number

Who is this?

I put my phone on my night stand and pull out my laptop, sitting down on my bed. Moments later, my phone buzzes again. This time, it's ringing. Should I answer it? What if it's some creepy pedophile?

Somehow, I end up clicking accept.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

My heart skips a beat as my brain recognizes the soft, masculine voice.

Drew.

"You deleted my number," he chuckles lightly. "I'm offended."

I pause, "Well, yeah I deleted it. I didn't need it. I didn't want to talk to you-- I still don't want to talk to you."

"What a shame. . . " Drew mumbles.

"What do you want?" I sigh.

"To talk. Can't two friends just talk?" he asks.

"We are not friends."

"Harry--"

I cut off his voice by hanging up my phone. Can't he take the hint?

* * *

"What time is it?" I yawn, stretching my arms. Jenna and I have spent the past few hours playing video games and board games after my annoying phone call with Drew. She always knows how to cheer me up.

Jenna and I are seated on the living room floor, playing Monopoly. She's winning. By a lot.

"Two in the morning," she says tiredly, checking her watch

"Alright, I'm going to bed. Goodnight," I say, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"Night Harry, sleep dreams."

I mumble something I can't even understand myself before going back to my room. I immediately collapse on my bed, face first into my pillow. I yank the blanket over my body sleepily. I miss having Louis' warm body next to mine. I miss the scent of him. My sheets smell like laundry, not like him and it doesn't feel right.

As I try to fall asleep, a faint consistent tapping prevents me from doing so. Groaning in annoyance, I glance over, expecting to see a tree branch scraping against my window. Nothing. There's no wind outside and everything is still.

It only takes me a second to realize that it's pebbles being thrown against my window. Rubbing my eyes tiredly, I stand up and walk over, glancing out onto the lawn. It's hard to see in the dark but I manage to make out Drew's tall virile figure.

He smiles up at me, his face gleaming. What part of leave me alone doesn't he understand?

I pull open my window and try to talk loudly so he can hear me, but at the same time I don't want my parents to wake up, so I keep my voice soft yet stern.

"Drew, what the hell--"

"I miss you," he blurts out.

I sigh, "Well stop missing me."

"Harry, I'm sorry, alright? I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry about leaving you. I'm sorry for pressuring you into all of that . . . stuff, when you were still so young. I'm sorry for breaking your heart. Most importantly, I'm sorry for kissing you the other day and it was completely uncalled for and--"

"Drew," I interrupt him, "Stop."

He gulps, "I'm just sorry."

"I know you are, but you kissing me was completely wrong. I have a boyfriend who I love with all my heart and you can't just barge into my life and snog me in a bathroom."

He stops talking and simply nods. There's a small fraction of silence and I listen only to the smooth sound of cicadas in the darkness.

"Is there any way you can forgive me?" he asks curiously.

"Yes," I answer quickly. I know he's genuinely sorry and I forgive him. That doesn't mean we can be friends or even acquaintances for that matter but I forgive him nonetheless. I can't explain it I just . . . forgive him.

He smiles warmly, "Thanks, love."

"Don't call me love," I snap. "I forgive you but that doesn't change anything between us."

He tries to say something but I don't wan't to hear it. I tell him to have a good night and close the window shut. I push every thought of Drew to the back of my brain and fall asleep thinking of my perfect and lovely boyfriend Louis instead.