Chapter 17: Die Hard Trying

I know I've said this so many times, but thank you for supporting this story.

:D Vote. Comment. Fan? If you like.

Chapter 17: Die Hard Trying

 After his shower, Carson walked back to his office. He still had lots of things to do.

“Mind putting on some clothes while you’re at it, Alpha?” Derek, one of the best fighters, smirked as he sat on one of the chairs.

“I’ve got to go to the meeting, so I need to finalize everything else.” Carson looked through the papers once again.

“Okay? Why did you call me? Want me to come with you?” Derek raised his eyebrow in confusion.

“No. I want you to take over until I come back. I need someone as skilled and understanding as you. Blaze is coming with me, so are you up for it?” Carson put down the paper and looked at Derek.

“Yes, sure! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Derek grinned. “I won’t let you down.”

“Great. So now, maybe you can try filing all of these papers together?” Carson asked.

“No thank you. I am not your secretary.” Derek chuckled as he walked out.

“What the hell is up with these people? I am the Alpha, for the spirits’ sake!” Carson exclaimed. He looked through the stack of papers and decided to get to work. After hours of nonstop filing, Carson was finally done. He can finally see his desk!

Carson went back to his room and looked through his closet. He wore fitted jeans and a navy blue long sleeved polo. He used his hands to comb through his hair and marched towards the living room. There, he met up with Blake.

“Have fun at the meeting today.” Blake said with sarcasm.

“Aren’t you coming with me?” Carson frowned at his disrespectful attitude.

“No, I’ve got better things to do. Say hi to my brother and his mother for me.” Blake never really got along with Blaze.

The truth was that, the only thing Blake and Blaze had in common was their father. Their father used to always abuse Lisa, Blaze’s mother and Ben’s mate. Lisa loved Ben with all her heart, which is why she was so crushed when she saw Ben in bed with another woman. Blake was the result of Ben’s infidelity.

Once Lisa found out about the pregnancy, she took Blaze away with her and crossed the borders to the Luna. Ben got very angry and so did Carson’s father. Calvin, Carson’s father and Alpha at that time, decided to come to the Lunas and steal Blaze back. Lisa’s compassion and understanding rubbed off on her son. Blaze has never followed the footsteps of his father, whereas his younger brother tried everything to be like Ben.

“Sure. Derek will be in charge while I’m gone.” Carson stated. Blake nodded and left. There was an evil glint in his eyes. Carson didn’t like it but just shrugged it off. Maybe it’s the lack of sleep that’s making him paranoid.

Carson came out of the pack house and headed for the forest.

“Wait!” His mom called out to him. “Here.” She came out with a tray in her hands. It was covered but Carson knew what it was. The smell of the brownies made his mouth water. “I know you skipped breakfast and I wanted you to make a good impression on the Lunas.” She kissed his cheek, winked, and walked off.

“Thanks mom!” He called out as she turned around and blew him another kiss. His mom was the best.

Carson walked through the forest while closing his eyes. The sound and the smell of nature all mixed together perfectly. He didn’t need his eyes to see the beauty of it. This is what his mom taught him.