Chapter 10 Missing

Chapter 10: Missing

"Merida? Is that you?" She smiles widely and nods her head frantically.

"Yes. It's ma!" I smile widely and pull her into a tight hug. I cried a little but not sad tears. Happy ones.

"I've missed you so much!" I say as I pull away from our hug. I really did miss her but not as much as I miss Anna, mama and papa.

"I missed ya to." Merida was my Beta. Like me, she hadn't found a mate yet. Well that was until I was arranged to marry Hans.

"So how have you been? Is there anyone else that survived?" I ask eager to know if mama and papa did. She sighs and shakes her head side to side.

"No one else survived. Just ma. Well ya did." I laugh a little and sigh as well. I was hoping but it was very unlikely anyone did. But Merida did do I was just hoping.

"Well this i' to depressing. Let's get something to drink!" She says as she walks towards a table set up with drinks and other things. As I walked towards it, I stumbled again. Merida turned around and looked at me weirdly.

"Ya wearing shoes?" I sigh as I nod. I look down at her feet and laugh. She wasn't wearing anything on her feet.

"And you aren't?" She laughs and we continue walking. She picks up two glasses of champagne. Yeah I know.

"Ya still have a taste for champagne?" She says as she moves a glass closer to me. I laugh and take it.

"Of course." I say as I take a sip. Merida chuckles and does the same.

"Who's this?" A masculine voice says behind me, making me choke on my drink a bit. I turn around and see Jack standing behind me. I smile as I gaze upon his face.

"Jack! This is Merida." I say as I look back at Merida. She has her head hung low as a sign of respect.

"Good evening Alpha Jack. I am beta Merida of the Winter pack." She says as she looks up towards Jack. His eyes widen but then my lowers his head quickly but then raises it up just as quick.

"Well it's nice to meet you beta Merida." He speaks as he looks at her. She nods and smiles. Jack turns back to me and smiles. "So Elsa. Care to dance?"

"Your gonna make me do this aren't you." I sigh. He laughs and stretches his arms behind his back.

"Yep." He says popping the p. I sigh once more. I look back at Merida, giving me a please-don't-let-me-do-this look. She smiles and motions for me to go. I look back at Jack who has the slightest pink in his cheek. I smile at his cuteness. He takes my hand and leads my to the middle of the room. My face flushes when I realize something.

"Umm Jack. I don't exactly know HOW to dance." I say through all my embarrassment. He laugh a bit which make me wonder why?

"Just follow my lead." He says as he takes one of my hands and puts it on his shoulder. I blush as he raps one of his arms around my waist. He takes my other hand with his free and and keep it in the air. We starts to sway side to side. I smiled as we swayed more. Jack laughed a little before smiling at me. It was kinda perfect.

"See your a natural!" He says making me laugh.

"Thanks." I say as my cheeks flush. Lately I've been blushing a lot. I never blushed before I came here to the Winter pack. Maybe Jack changed me.

I smiled widely as the scent of mint fills my nostrils. I'm still not a hundred percent sure where it's coming from but I can just say I love it.

"Please. There's no need to thank me." He says gently. I couldn't help but smile. He had that effect of me you know. He just always made me smile. Whenever I'm around him. I just feel happy.

"Jack can I talk to you? Alone." I ask trying to build up the guts to tell him.

"Of course." I remove the hand that was around his shoulder and lead him up stairs. I stumble a little but that didn't stop me. I led him to my room. When we got inside, I let go of his hand and kick of the heals I was wearing. I swiftly walked over to the balcony and open the doors. I sigh as I rest my elbows on the cold mettle railing.

"So what was so important that you needed to talk to me alone?" Jack asks as he walks towards me. I look to my left and look at him. He was looking towards the willowth forest but then he turned and faced me.

"Jack I need to tell you something." He stands up from leaning on the railing. "When the Winter pack was still a pack, I wasn't an ordinary wolf." I pause as I build up the courage to tell him. Come on Elsa! Just do it!! "I was the Alpha Female." His eyes widen and his lips part open a little.

"You... you mean... you mean you were a luna?!" I sigh and nod slowly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"I... I don't know. I guess was worried that you would treat my different if I told you sooner." He sighs but then smiles compassionately at me.

"Ok. If you have anymore secrets though don't de afraid." He says. I smile at him but also because I smelt mint again. My nose tingled as I breathed in the delectable aroma in the cold air around us.

I walked off the balcony and flopped on the bed face first. I hear laughing from behind me. I turn around and lay on my back to see Jack standing there while laughing at me.

"You not going back to the party?" He asks as he leans against one of his legs.

"Nope. My feet are ACHING from those stupid shoes." He laughs again and ruffles his hair with his hand. I felt tingles down my body as he did so. He just looked incredibly sexy. Yeah I'll admit it. I felt Eliza taking over the more I looked at him. Soon Eliza took full control and I couldn't stop her as much as I tried.

She walked up to Jack with a seductive look plastered across her face. She rubbed one shoulder with one hand and trailed her fingers down his chest with the other. The lower she got, the more I tried to come back. But it was no use. Jack pushed her onto the bed and loosened his tie. He crawled on top of us and kissed our lips roughly and passionately. I stopped trying to fight and gave in. His lips lingered on ours. His touch felt amazing. And he tasted of... mint?!

Eliza kisses him back just as rough and let him have his way. He licked our bottom lips asking for entrance but she declined it. He frowned in the kiss but then squeezed our but making her gasp as his tongue explored our mouth. A muffled moan slipped out of our mouth unconditionally. He smirked before trailing kisses down our neck. She ran our fingers through his hair. Suddenly something I wished would never happen did. I was being marked. His teeth sank into my flesh. I screamed as I came back into control. I pushed him off of me and held me neck. The bleeding wound soon sealed up, leaving a mark.

I cried as I held my neck. I was now marked.

Jack was my mate.