Chapter 41

Dedicated to MaleneJ for being my rock<3

Chapter 41

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
- Richard Puz

Lea’s POV.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked okay I guess. You could still see the bandage on my neck even though I tried to find a dress where it wouldn’t show, so I let my hair hang loose to try and cover it up. “Are you sure you can do this?” Jake asked coming up behind me. He had sad eyes and his tie was a mess.

I turned around and undid his tie giving him a small smile “Yes I’m sure, you don’t have to worry. It has been a little over a week now and I’m healing fine.” I reassured him while I tied his tie around his neck.

“Okay. But if you’re hurting just the slightest bit tell me and I’ll get someone to drive you home.” He demanded before looking at his tie first realizing now what a mess he actually looked like. I stepped aside from the mirror and let him fix his hair and put his shirt down in his pants.

“I will I promise. But I want to be there for you plus I want to be there as well.” I said taking his hand in mine and leading him out of his room and out in the kitchen where we found James sitting in a chair in a suit as well. He gave Jake a timid smile before he got up and went to get his coat and we all walked out of the door. We drove to the church without saying anything. There weren’t really anything to say. We arrived a few minutes before Emily and Leo showed up with Sasha. She was wearing a hat with a veil in front of her face, trying to hide what a mess she looked like. I went over and hugged her first. I felt so bad. If it hadn’t been for me she would still have her mate by her side. As I hugged Leo I saw Jake awkwardly hugging his mum. He hadn’t really talked with her since his father died. I had tried to get him to go to her. But I couldn’t get him to leave me at the hospital. Honestly I thought that he just didn’t know what to say to her. We went inside and went up to the front row and sat down. I sat down between Jake and Leo taking Jake’s hand in mine. The church was as slowly starting to fill up with people but I didn’t pay much attention to them, instead I just looked at the white coffin were John was lying.

As soon as the priest started talking Sasha started crying as well as Emily. He talked about John, what an amazing leader he had been. How he loved his children more than anything, and how his wife was his life. It was hard to hear and see all the people around me crying as well as listening to the lovely words about John. He had helped me a lot in the short time I had known him and I owned him my life. But most of all it was hard to see Jake, I could see he was hurting but he refused to cry. If I didn’t know him as well as I did I would never have noticed that he actually wasn’t paying attention to what the priest was saying but more trying to not think about what was going on. When the priest was done Jake got up together with Louis, Emily, James, John’s beta and Jake’s uncle to carry his coffin out. Emily was crying really hard but she wanted to carry her father out. Louis had tears sliding down his cheek as well as John’s brother. You could see that both James and his dad had cried but had now stopped. The only one who hadn’t been crying was Jake. He did however not show any emotions on his face at all.

When they had put his coffin into the car that would bring his coffin to get cremated we all went back to the pack house, or what was left of it. The fire had burnt down quite a bit, the pack had tried so built up as much as possible so that we had a place to gather after John’s funeral. Sasha was standing in the front room with her parents close around her and Jake’s grandparents by her side thanking people for coming. I was inside with Jake, his sister and Leo. We were just standing there by the coats making a little small talk but the atmosphere was dark and heavy.