6. First I Love You

Steve:

Steve had invited you to a nice dinner. Supposedly 'really nice'. You were still brushing your hair, trying to get it to look good. You pull it into (Y/F/H/D) and run over to slip your shoes off. You grab your phone to check the time. "Two more minutes." you read out loud.

The door bell rang just then and you smiled, ready for your date with your super soldier. Opening the door, Steve was standing there, holding a small bunch of flowers.

"Steve sweetheart, we've been dating for two months, you don't have to bring me flowers every time." You giggle, taking the (Y/F/F) and getting up on your toes to kiss him on the cheek.

"I can't help it (Y/N)." He says smiling back. After you put the flowers in a vase, you two leave, going to the place Steve made reservations to have dinner.

When you make it there, you stand in awe. "This place is really awesome...!!" you say, making sure to put some stress on the word 'really'. Steve laughs.

"Shall we go get our seats then?" he asks. You nod, a big smile on your face.

*time skip brought to you by Loki on April Fools*

You and Steve are walking along in Central Park. Your head resting on his upper arm and holding hands. Suddenly, he stops and turns to you. "You know (Y/N), I've been wanting to say this for a long time.."

You look up expectantly. "Say what?" you ask after a short pause.

"I love you." Steve says, smiling like an idiot.
You grin. "I love you too, Steve." you say. His hand comes up to caress your cheek and he pulls you into a kiss.

Tony:

It seemed like a normal day. You had really believed it was going to be a normal day. You were right, until chaos unfolded.You, and most of the Avengers were lounging around in the living area of the tower when at least two dozen HYDRA agents swarmed in. You don't know how they got there, but there they were. Instantaneously, Steve grabbed his shield, Nat pulled out a gun, Clint had his bow ready and your boyfriend had his repulser on his arm.

He turned around and yelled at you,

"Go!" So that's what you did, you fled up to the roof.

You realize that the roof probably wasn't the smartest place to go, and when five more HYDRA agents come through the roof's entrance, you know you're screwed. They come toward you and you back up, being sure to keep the distance between you and them the same.

Then the inevitable happens, the back of your knees hits the railing. The Hydra agents smile and continue waking forward. Then a blue light shoots one of them in the back. Followed by another, then another, and another. You see Tony's face and smile, know that you're safe.

You relax for a slpit second, a split second that meant everything. Your knees give way and you go tumbling. The air whips around you, seemingly wraping you in a blanket of fear. 'Is this the end?!' you think. You come to the conclusion that, yes it is the end. The ground nears your sight and you brace yourself for impact. It never comes.

You had shut your eyes in fear when you saw the ground so close, and, opening them, you see that your amazing boyfriend saved you. Shaking in post-fear, you take a shuddering breath. He catches you from only about two yards off the hard cement. Flying you back up to the roof, his face mask comes off.

"Th-thanks..." you murmur, still in shock. Tony looks down at you. He leans down and kisses you passionately.

When he breaks, he says "I love you so much (Y/N)." You notice a his eyes are lined with tears, "I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

You smile and say "I love you too... But, to be honest, I don't know what you'd do without me either."

Clint:

It was supposed to be a simple recon mission, get the experimentees and get out of the HYDRA

"Yes, I got this, stop worrying about me you idiot." You say to your boyfriend, Clint, over the intercom. Then the explosion occurred. Knocking you off your feet and knocking you out cold.
You were put in a hospital, luckily. About three days had passed before anything was diagnosed.

But, you had a concussion, and probably wouldn't wake up for a while. As soon as the doctors had diagnosed what had happened to you, they started letting visitors in.
Clint was the first one there. He was by your bedside for every moment of every day. No matter how much the other team members tried to coax him into leaving, your loyal boyfriend refused.

By the fourteenth day, the doctors were close to diagnosing you brain dead.
Clint, hearing this news, refused to believe it. He knew you would pull through. You had to.
He was sitting at your bedside, where he didn't leave. He was holding one of your hands in his,

"(Y/N), come on babe, I know you can do this, I know you can come back. I love you too much to loose you." With that, he leaned his head down on your bed, not wanting anyone to see the tears that were coming.

"Calm down Bird brain, I love you too." You say, your eyes still closed.

He looks up not believing his ears, you open your eyes and grin. He laughs in shock and captures your lips in a kiss.