Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm Back

Phoebe slams her hand down on the wet sand and lies there for five minutes. she looks up at the rustic city that stands crumbled before her. An aircraft flies over her and then descends into the water where she had come from. Looking back she looses hope in finding the revolution again... They had never shown her the way back. Suddenly, it hits her: Tyler's dead. Maybe Xander was lying to her? Xander may have just said that. Yeah...

Phoebe stands up, coughing out sand and water. Many thoughts run through her mind, but the biggest one was to find her way back. Looking at the Rusty's sign telling her she's in Maine, she sighs. Maine is nowhere close to a huge forest.... They must have been in that place called Washington!

Phoebe begins to sprint with hope she may know where she is going. Hopefully the doctor was telling her the truth when he spoke of not eating for a week is okay. Her black hair flies in the humid wind as she sprints at Special's speed, passing city by city in matters of minutes. Dodging multiple buildings and weird hunks of metal appearing similar to the hovercrafts, Phoebe keeps her eyes on the prize. Only for a moment does she stop and pull out something from her fannypack. She pulls a tracking device she knows they put on her, but it must have broken underwater. She stops and seats it down as she does not shiver in the snow that mercilessly falls.

"I can re-wire this to send a reverse signal so I can find the revolution," Phoebe picks at the tiny cylinder. Suddenly, a small flare flies from the little device.

Phoebe stands up and feels a rumbling in the ground, "What the hell-?" She begins to exclaim, when suddenly a tiny hovercraft flies over to her and lands nearby. Curiosity gripping her, she climbs inside the hovercraft carefully setting herself in the leather chair.

"Welcome to your auto pilot hovercraft. You will be taken immediately to the revolution," an automated voice says in welcome. Phoebe hacks into the automated system and the coordinates were just as she thought they would be. Instead of coordinates for a forest, it was coordinates for under the water where the Central City lies. She re-wires it to the coordinates of Washington. The hovercraft begins to ascend in the air. Phoebe relaxes for the first time in a long time.

Phoebe opens her eyes to a sight of President Bridges, "Phoebe! Did the boys rescue you?"

Yawning, Phoebe steps out of the hovercraft, "What are you talking about? I saved myself."

President Bridges' eyes grow wide, "Oh, no."

At this he escorts Phoebe to the Revolution hide out and shows her the video the Pretties sent. Afterwards Phoebe sits there with all eyes on her, "They got their hands on my disguise... So let me get this straight: Both Kyle and K-Captain Smith went after me on a rescue mission which only means the Pretties set up a trap for them. We have to warn them."

President Bridges nods thoughtfully, "Yes, but how do we warn them?"

"To be honest, I don't know. Since they're underwater, all of their connections have been cut and I'm sure by now they've gotten to central city. Let's just hope they'll be smart enough to know it's a trap."