Chapter Two: Her New Life

Phoebe's mom stares at her intently, waiting for Phoebe’s eyes to open. On the couch lay a girl wrapped in bandages galore. She breaths slowly and steadily. A hundred flowers wait to be admired by their owner on the table. Each flower bouquet has a note fixed around it.

Phoebe is brought back to consciousness without opening her eyes. She checks her updates.

Update: Hunter Travis has changed his mind about leaving the show: Just Lucky

Update: Sierra Rawlinson has just had surgery on her cheekbones.

Update: Phoebe Gliniwinkle has now turned to a Pretty, what will she do to start her new life?

Phoebe smiles under her garments. Her mom must’ve noticed.

“Phoebes? Phoebes!” she says excitedly.

“Yeah mom?” Phoebe says in a drowsy tone.

“Honey, if your awake we can take off the bandages! Don’t you want to see?” she says a little less excited.

At that, Phoebe slowly works her way up on her feet and strives to find a mirror. Her mom helps her unwind the long bandage that cuddles her body. Phoebe closes her eyes in want of surprise. When the last bandage is retrieved, Phoebe hears a gasp from her mother.

“Honey, you’re… so different…” her mom says.

Well that’s reassuring, thought Phoebe.

She opens her eyes taking in the reflection of a girl with long beautiful lavender hair. The girl’s full lips invite someone to kiss them. Her beautiful blue eyes show shock in what she must be seeing. The cheekbones she has are high and plump.

“Wow!” the girl in the reflection says, taking in the change that has happened.

Phoebe slips her hair onto her right shoulder. Phoebe noticed that her acne prints were gone, her curves show more roundness to her silhouette, and her arms look strong, but delicate.

She hugs her mom, excited for her new life.

“Honey, would you like to check your flowers? They’re mostly from Pretties. I think you might’ve already been invited to a party! Go see,” her mom says hugging her gently.

She replied while going over to the flowers, “Mom? How long have I been asleep?”

“About… Two days,” her mom says thoughtfully.

“What?! I’ve been asleep that long?” she says with disbelief.

Before her mom could reply, she opens the card on a special group of roses.

Dear Phoebe Gliniwinkle,

It would be my pleasure if you would attend my masquerade black-tie ball on June six, at seven P.M. It is at the grand penthouse where all the Pretties will be. Please try to make it. Thank you.

Love,

Travis Tyler

“No way! Mom! Look!” she hands her mom the letter with enthusiasm.

“Travis Tyler? Isn’t he one of the celebrities? Wow, Phoebes, I guess you’re pretty popular!” her mom says while reading the note.

“What am I going to wear tomorrow? We should have gone shopping!’ says Phoebe disapprovingly.

“Well I’ll answer that by giving you the address of the place you’re staying. Solfun Road, 6627. Remember it is an apartment building so you’re living with other people there. Also, just ask for anything and you’ll get it,” says her mom, giving Phoebe her keys back.