4.) Bad News

Chapter Four: Bad News

[Written by SerialLover & kacoh15]

Taylor and Tiffany sat in the waiting room, waiting for the nurse to come and tell them they could see her. Taylor stood up and started to pace back and forth. "That's not going to help her," Tiffany snapped typing away on her cell phone.

Taylor glared at her and said, "Well, texting isn't going to help her either."

Tiffany stopped typing and looked at Taylor. "For your information, I am telling Chloe what happened. God, you can be such an idiot!"

Taylor stopped pacing and glared at Tiffany. "So did Chloe make the cheer squad?"

Tiffany's nose wrinkled. "No..."

"I heard she completely sucked."

"She wasn't that bad, she just wasn't good," she said softly.

"So did you tell her she didn't make the team yet?"

"No..."

"Excuse me," said a nurse in blue scrubs. "Are you Taylor and Tiffany Hunt?"

"Why do you say her name first?" Tiffany snapped.

The nurse was taken aback and smiled shyly. "Well, I don't know, I just did..."

"Ignore her," Taylor suggested. "What's going on with our mom, Christina?"

"She's not in the best shape. You guys should come back to her room, so Dr. Johnson can tell you the news," said the nurse walking down the hallway. Taylor followed her with furrowed brows. Tiffany plopped her phone in her purse and followed shortly behind them. The nurse took them all the way down the hall to room 472. "She's in here."

"Thank you nurse," Taylor said smiling and walked into her mom's room. Tiffany smiled politely at the nurse and walked in, shutting the door behind her. "So, what's the news?"

Dr. Johnson smiled at the girls and motioned for them to take a seat. Their mom was laying down in the hospital bed asleep, or unconscious. "We discovered while saving your mom, that she has a rare disease called Behcet Syndrome. The Behcet Syndrome can cause blindness and death, and in your mom's case, it's death. We are feared she has had this disease for a while, and we also fear, that she has very few days to live upon. We would like to keep her in the hospital 'til she passes. This is a tragic case which, sadly, we cannot cure." Tiffany bursted into tears making her make-up run down her face. Why did this have to happen to my mom? Why? She's too young to die, we've got no one else. Dad's in jail... We're going to have to live by ourselves! Taylor stared blankly at her mom. You just had to make it happen to us, didn't you? She's not old enough to die yet; she's barely half way through her life! We'll have to live on our own. But how would we support ourselves? We're going to have to get jobs! We're going to have to pay the bills... Everything...on our own. This can't happen! "I'll give you girls some time alone. Christina should be awake soon." The Doctor smiled at the girls and walked out the room with their mom's chart.

Tiffany wiped her eyes and looked at Taylor. She never needed someone so much in her lifetime, and her sister at that. Taylor looked at Tiffany and they both hugged each other. That had been the closest the girls had been since they were at least five. 

"Tiffany?" asked their mom opening her eyes. She coughed and sat up slowly.

Tiffany broke away from her sister and raced to her mom's side. "I'm here mom. I'll be here at your side for a while."

Her mom smiled and kissed her forehead. She looked at Taylor and motioned her to come forward. Taylor stood up and walked over to her mother. "Yes, mom?" asked Taylor in the sweetest voice she could.