Chapter 5

By sweetbratt

Susanna's POV

This is not what I had in mind when mom said she wanted a little get together when I got home. This is.... Torture since Brantley was here. Until this very second, with the exception of when I was drunk, I had convinced myself I had moved on. That I was over him and I'd be OK... Eventually. Eventually fell off a fucking cliff the second I saw him. I wanted nothing more than to run and jump in his arms like every other time before. And now I can't. Now I have Rusty. He's an ok guy but let's be honest here. He's just not my type. He wants a say in everything I do. From my hair to where I work. I told him to back off. Which he did for a bit. But now he's back to the same old crap since we've been back to Texas. What the fuck am I going to do?
After we ate Mom and Dad insisted they give me their gift. Thankfully everyone else at least honored my request at no gifts. So I sat like a good girl next to mom where I was told and waited. Of course dad had to have B help him get my gift. I was floored when I opened my eyes. A Harley. Dad got me a Harley. My jaw dropped and I squealed. When I turned to thank mom, after I gave dad a hug, I could see the disapproval on Rusty's face. It got worse when dad mentioned lessons from Brantley.
Rusty had finally started to relax and be a bit social as people started to leave. He even asked to go down by our pond I had told him so many stories about. What I didn't expect was him to get down on one knee.

Brantley's POV

"That disrespectful slick headed snake." Was all I heard Colt say before all hell broke loose. When I turned to see what was going on Susanna was running towards the trail into the woods, and colt was stomping towards Richie or Dusty or whatever the fuck his name was. To my delight he was holding a bleeding and I'm going to assume busted nose. Not sure what he said but he must have really pissed my Susanna off for her to clock him like that. "Go get her Brantley. She needs you." was all Mrs. Ford had to say for me to be hot on Susanna's heals. As I jogged by I could hear Colt. "I don't know who the hell you think you are but you can get gone and stay the hell away from my girl. You obviously aint man enough for her if you don't have the decency to ask her father for her hand before you go pulling shut like that! And you obviously can't protect her either!" Man I've never seen Colt this pissed.  No wonder Susanna decked him. Damn she's probably all shook up and mad. This isn't going to be easy. I hope she speaks to me.
Where the hell did that little shit go? I know she didn't keep going through the corn. That just leads to the interstate. And if she went through the beans I could see her. Think Brantley think. Ouch son of a bitch that hurt. What the fuck was that? Then I heard her giggle. I kept turning in circles trying to find her. "Up here big guy." As soon as I looked up I spotted her. She is perched in one of colts tree stands. And from the red puffy eyes I'd say she had been crying. Truthfully it made me want to go finish the job she started. "So we're speaking now?" Damn it Brantley this is not the time to be an ass. "I'm sorry Suzie Q. I shouldn't have said that. I just...." "Its ok but shut up so you can concentrate." Is all she had to say and I was confused. "On what?" I barely got the words out when she jumped. Thank you Lord for the cat like reflexes even though I'm kinda bulky. The laugh that came out of her and the smile on her face as I swung her around then pulled her to me; this is my Susanna. "Damn it girl what the hell you thinking.?" I laughed as I tried to put her down. Notice I said tried. She clung to me like a spider monkey which ment I had to keep my hands on her curvy little ass to keep from dropping her. The realization made the blood flow south. And of course she had to point it out. "Well looks like one half of you missed me even if the other half hasn't." She smirked and I lost it. I kissed her. Again. after I said it wouldn't happen again. Lord help me Colt's already pissed. And the little shit just rocked her hips against me. I'm gonna die today. Today will be the day I meet my maker.
Susanna's phone ringing made me brake the kiss. "It's probably your daddy. Answer it." I managed as i trier to get some air. She hit the speaker button. "yes daddy." was all she said. "That thing you brought with you is gone. I don't want to see yours or Brantley's face until you two work your shit out. And before anyone says a word. Yes I remember what I've said in the past but let's face it kids you're both miserable. And yes your mama made me make this call. I love ya girl. Brantley your a hell of a friend but I won't hesitate to shoot your big ass." He hung up leaving us both speechless.