Chapter 1

Aaaand here we go! Brand new story, daily updates as usual. This one will be a little shorter than our other's, not quite as many chapters. But as always, vote, comment, and let us know what you think. We love y'all!

By sweetbratt

Susannah's POV

Being on tour with my dad is one of my favorite things to do during summer brake. And I'm hoping I can sweet talk him into letting me drive his truck since I got my licence last month. But ya never know with my old man. One minute he's all, stand up for yourself, don't take shit from anyone; then the next he's all you still live under my roof and your my little girl do as I say.
This year he's got a new guy with him from somewhere outta North Georgia. Haven't got to meet him yet. Only know what dads told me and what I've heard from his first album. He's got the bad boy biker thing going and he has one bad ass rockin roll meets country sound. He doesn't sound or look anything like most of the guys in the business at the moment and I think that will be his in. Tonight's going to be his first show with us after we pick him up, so we'll see if he's got what it takes to hang with the big dogs. I just hope he isn't an arrogant ass. If so its going to be a very long 3 months on this trip. I'll be able to tell the second he steps on the bus. I hate to judge a book by its cover but I'm real good at reading people. Plus I've got this rule. If the first thing out of their mouth is a crack about my temper because I'm a red head, or they refer to me as a pretty little thing, its not gonna be good. I'll have no problem showing them just how mean this little red headed Texan can be when I knock them flat on their ass.
It took about 3 hours to get to his place and get his band loaded up. I had planned on staying on dad's bus and not introducing myself until we got to Mississippi, but that didn't happen. I was in my own little world reading a good mystery novel when I heard my dad yell from outside the bus. That would be my cue to make an appearance. I peaked out the window before I put down my book. Of course I wasnt presentable and every single one if them was good looking. So off I went in my black yoga pants and grey tank top with my hair all haphazardly clipped back. Thanks dad.
When I stepped off the bus I made a B line for my dad's side and waited to be introduced. "Took ya long enough girly. And you're still in your damn PJs." My dad half joked half scolded me. "I'm sorry pops. You're the one who said no intros until Mississippi. Plus I'm on summer brake I have no reason to be in normal cloths."
"Guess I did." Dad grumbled cuz I corrected him. "Any way guys this is my daughter Susanna, Susie Q this is Brantley Gilbert and his band.... Help me out boys I've already forgotten names." Brantley chuckled and took over for my dad.
"I got ya Colt. The jolly green giant with the black and blond Mohawk is Ben. He jams on the drums. The dread head behind me is Noah. He like to rip some awesome cords on the electric guitar. The gentleman beside me with the long red beard is Franklin. He tickles some ivory, plays the acoustic guitar and banjo.  And last but not least we have Jake. He plays a mean base and does some killer back up vocals for us." "Nice to meet you guys. Can't wait to hear you rock the house live when we make it to Mississippi." I told them. Then decided to sweet talk my dad. "So um Dad. We're only 2 hourse from the arena. How bout ya let me drive your truck so I can stop for some Starbucks on the way ...." I asked holding out my hands with a sweet smile plastered on my face. "Girl," he grumbled glaring at me," you're as bad as your mama with that junk. You act more and more like her every day." Being a smart ass isn't always wise when you're trying to get your way, but I just couldn't help it. "Well ya can't mind it all that much. You spent enough time with her to make me!" That made everyone crack up... Everyone but my dad that is. He just grumbled some more under his breath and handed me his keys. Before I I could bolt he grabbed me by the wrist. "If you get a ticket you won't drive again until you're 21 and or out of my house. If you wreck my brand new truck I'll kick your narrow bottom! Are we clear?" He asked trying to put on a show. So I gave it right back. "Yes daddy crystal clear." I answered and headed back on the bus to change.
Stepping back out I had on a pair or jeans that hugged my ass, kept on my grey tank top, added a Jean jacket, and my brown plane ariats boots. "Later guys." I waved as I made my way to dad's black jacked Ford f150. When I hit the road I blared some skynyrd and made smoke roll as I went through the gears. I was to far away to hear for sure, but I had no doubt my dad was cussing me. I'm sure I'll hear all about it in Mississippi.