Chapter Four: The Search

As the two gems began their search, it was quiet. All you could hear was the sound of crunching grass beneath their feet. Spinel was in deep thought she felt bad at how she treated T. From glancing at her she looked like she had been crying. She looked emotionless, Spinel looked down at the grass beneath her boots. She sighed and looked over at her comrade. She hesitated before turning to face the shorter gem. "T."

T looked up at Spinel. "I'm sorry about yesterday. That was completely out of my character. I was just so upset about something that happened about 4 years ago. I shouldn't have never hurt you like that. I hope you can forgive me." T sat there for a moment. "No , I shouldn't have invaded your personal space. I should have respected your privacy. None of this would have happened if it wasn't because of me. You and Ruby are best friends and because of my actions you guys will probably never make up." T said putting her head down.

Spinel cupped her cheek making her look up at her. "Everything is ok. I'll make it up to Ruby. Hopefully everything goes Right."

"Yea....I'm so-" T tried to say but got caught off by a warm hand covering her mouth. "I know you are now hush." Spinel said just angrily above a whisper, her eyebrows narrowed as the ground began to shake. Spinel glared in between the trees. The clear ghostly figure appeared, barely visible. The ghostly blueish white ora around the monster made it a bit visible.

She felt the shorter gems try to talk and move her hand away, she added a bit of pressure on the purple gems mouth so she would keep quiet. "Shut up." She angrily whispered. The warrior felt T begin shiver as the ground shook beneath their feet.

The creature began to move toward the two gems. Spinel made sure she didn't move. The slightest movement can trigger the blind creatures instinct to attack. The creature slowly moved its head toward the two gems with its mouth opened , letting a small gurgling growl escape its mouth. The creatures breath was horrible, it smelled like its been eating the animals that lived on the planet. Spinel looked the creature dead in the face as it moved got closely to her face. The short purple gem buried her face into the red warriors neck which made Spinel place her hand on Ts head.

Just as the creature was about to come in contact with the dark red gem a twig snapped which cause the gem to snap its head toward the sound. Spinel glanced over to see a little 6 legged animal standing there with its ears propted above its head. It began to run away in a panic which made the corrupted gem run toward the helpless animal, pouncing on it the animal started yelling out in pain as the ghostly creature began to eat it.

Spinel turned her lip in disgust as she felt a warm wet feeling rolling down her neck. T wrapped her arms around the warriors neck as she cried. With the creature distracted Spinel thought it was a wonderful opportunity to keep going on with their search. She reached down to Ts thighs grabbing onto them then lifting her up off the ground. T wrapped her legs around Spinels torso as she began walking quietly away from the creature. Spinels eyes began to turn a bit more grey as she heard the cracking bones and distressed calls of the half dead animal the ghostly creature was eating.

After the bone crushing sound was gone, it gave out a little whimper. "P-please tell me......" She hiccupped which caused jump alittle in the warriors arms. "That d-didnt just happen...". Spinel didn't reply just sifted the purple gem in her arms so she could comfort her by rubbing the trembling gems lower back. She whispered into her ear making her voice as calm as possible "Com'on T, Its ok now. Let's focus on find these gemlings, we need to be strong for them."

T leaned back looking into Spinels' eyes. The warrior looked back into Ts lavender eyes, her eyes slightly turning into the regular crimson color. T nodded her head then began to shift her position indicating that she wanted to get down. Spinel took her off her waist and sat her down onto the pavement. Spinel watched as the short warrior took a deep breath, they both began walking Spinel follow behind. Spinels gaze went from the back of Ts head down to her butt. She began blushing as she watched the way her hips swang which made her butt move slightly each time. Oh no Spinel. Stop looking! She's your friend! The red warrior angrily thought.

After a while of walking along side a stone wall. The two gems heard little squeaking sounds. They stopped walking and glanced at each other for a moment before running toward the sounds of the gemlings.

Once they reached the place they heard the sound coming from they spotted only 4 gemlings large eyes curiously looking up at the two taller gems. Spinel watched as T bent down to examine the tiny gems. "Their all Kyanite gems. Their gemstone inspire loyalty, fair treatment to others, they also assist in working through disagreements and disputes, they...." T explained. Spinel tuned her out as soon as one of the bigger green gemlings crawled over to her feet. She smiled bending down to pick up it up, as soon as she did that the other three crawled over to her making little cheeping and squeaking sounds. She picked them all up letting them crawl around on her.

She noticed her partner had gone quiet. As T turn toward her, her face became alittle flustered. Spinel let the four gemlings sit on her shoulders.

Soon they were headed back for camp. They put the baby gemlings in the nursery that T had formed. The gemlings began making cute chirping and squeaking bodies which made the purple gem awe at them.

Spinel glanced at the cooing purple gem warrior. T turned and looked up at her comrade with her eyebrow raised which made the red warrior quickly snap her head away then walk out and back into her tent. She sat there for a while remising on how beautiful T was. She already knew she had caught feelings awhile ago for her,she was just in denial. She wanted to tell her but didn't know how.

The more she thought about her the more she felt her eyes beginning to tear up turning a silverish red color. She wasn't sad because she hasn't been in a relationship in so long, she was scared of the rejection that might come with it. What if she doesn't like her back?

The more she thought the tighter her fist became. Her eyes down a deep smokey grey, her eyes began shedding tears of both frustration and sadness.

She quickly wiped her eyes with her hand as she heard shouting coming from outside of her tent. She sat there for a moment trying to listen in to the conversation of the two gems. Peeking out of tent she seen Ruby on top of the purple jem. She quickly and swiftly ran over to Ruby tackling her off of T and onto the ground.

She stood up while watching her friend stand to her feet. "What are you doing?!" Ruby yelled. "Obliviously stopping you from hurting T!" Spinel yelled back. "Why are you so concerned about her now? Weren't you the one that yelled at her? When she sat next to you, You glared at her like she was some bitch that you had not seen in years that's ass you still wanted to kick!" Ruby say throwing her arms and hand in the air.

Spinel stopped for a moment and began to look around. "Hello?! Did you hear me Spinel?!" Ruby yelled waving her hand in Spinels Face. Spinel turned up her lip while slapping Ruby's hand away from her face."Ruby, be quiet!" She said angrily. It go really quiet for a moment until Ruby broke it by slapping Spinels hand back. "SAPPHIREEE!!" Ruby started to yell again repeatedly. "Ruby, shut up! I'm sure she fine!" Spinel spat.

Ruby stopped and turned toward Spinel. Sizzling sounds began to come off the grass as Ruby's form lit up with rage. "Don't you tell me what to do! You don't know where she could be! Ohhh, just imagine how horrified or scared my laughy Sapphy is. She needs m-" Ruby said wrapping her arms around herself.

Just then a loud echoing rawr came from above them. As they all looked looked up they seen a yellow creature that looked that it was a giant piece of gold. "Really?!" T shouted up into the starred sky and Sapphire and the monster come out of their places they were in.

Spinel and Ruby were still arguing while the other two gems were pulling them and the gemlings into the barrier. The monster began banging on it, each time the barrior made a static crack sound. "Will you two shut up for two seconds?! I've had it with you two. That's all you two been doing this entire time! We've got much bigger problems to deal with and you to decide to bicker at each other every time you glance at one another. Your best friends for Blue diamonds sake, shut up and make up!" Sapphire yelled with her fist clenched to her sides.