Chapter Three: Gemlings

Spinel cracked open her eyes, she let a soft yawn before sitting up. She hunched over placing her hand on her forehead while letting out a small groan. She turned her head and looked down at T who was sound sleep. She decided to not wake her up , she didn't wanna talk about what happened last night. Spinel's not really the type to talk about her feelings to another. She did wanna know why she was in her tent sleeping next to her. She shrugged it off and stood up stretching letting out a rawring yawn. She decided she would stretch her form before going to shower in the lake. She slid her black boots on around her feet before walking out the tent.

She got down on all fours and started her push ups. After 15 minutes of push ups, she did a hand stand making her legs go straight up in the air and began doing push downs. Soon after about an hour she stopped her exercises. She pulled off her skin tight training outfit and took off her boots, leaving her in her sports bra and shorts. She began walking to the water fall where she once was followed by T. She took off her shorts and sports bra. She walked into the cooling waters and relaxed her body learning on a nearby rock. She pulled her head band off and pulled out the rubber band that held her hair in the front ward pony tail, letting her black curls fall down in front of her face. She chuckled to herself and walked to the waterfall. She stood under it allowing her hair to droop down, she tilted her head back making her hair go the back of her head. As she did that she ran her fingers through her hair.

After she was finished washing her form she got out of the lake and back on to the well grown grass. She picked up her training outfit and pulled out her gem shard. She tapped on the screen making her old training outfit disappear along with her boots. She tapped on a new training outfit, the shard began to glow brightly as her body got consumed in the light, it soon faded leaving her in her new trying outfit. She smiled as her hair went back into the pony tail and her head back reappeared on her head. She realized she was still wet, she flexed making the water fly off her then landing on the grass.

She felt something different about herself. She looked at her reflection in the gem shard the tips of her hair were a smokey grey and a firey red. She gave herself a smug look as she observed her new frosted tips of her curls. Putting the shard back into her pocket she began walking back to the campsite. Her form felt relaxed but she knew that when she got back to the campsite, relaxation would be over.

She was walking through the forest she stopped when she heard a squeak. She stopped in her tracks to clearly heard the noise but it didn't happen. She began walking again when she was about to take another step she heard the squeak get louder. She looked around then down at her boot. She moved her foot and there stood a little gem cowarding. The baby gemling was curled in a ball and squeaking repeatedly. The gemling was a brownish yellow with long brown hair. She the gemling looked up, Spinel seen that the gemling had cat like eyes that were yellow, Spinel raised and eye brow before picking the small gem up. Spinel caressed the small gem with her thumb. The small gem peeked up at her before sitting down firmly in her hand. The little gem had a brown mask like stripe over her eyes. The gemling was very adorable, but Spinel wondered why she is here and how she got here. She let the little gem climb onto her shoulder as she began to walk back to the camp.

She seen the group conversating with each other. Topaz was back, still looked the same. When Spinel approached them all eyes landed on her. "Where were you?" Topaz Spoke. "Showering. Anyways, guess what?" Just then a squeak can from behind Spinel. "Um. What was that?" Sapphire said. The little gemling jumped down off of Spinels' head and into her hand. The 4 gems awed. "Its a gemling. I found her when I was walking back to the base." Spinel said while letting the little gem crawl around on her. "Wait, do you know what this means?" T said. "Yeah. There are already gems that are growing here" Spinel said smiling a bit. "Yeah. But that also means that these gems are proofing themselves and they become corrupted." Sapphire said. "How through?" Topaz said. "Baby gemlings well, are babies so that makes it easier for them to lose their memories and become monsters. I just wonder where it came from." Sapphire said taking the little gem from Spinel. "We just need to find them and get them into a safe spot so they can grow more safely. Where is her gem located Spinel?" Sapphire said examining the baby gem.

Spinel shrugged "I dunno. I never bothered to check." Sapphire sighed irritatedly, she lifted up the gemlings arm, on her side lyed a brownish yell stripped gem that was snapped in an oval. "This gemling is a Tigers' Eye.

"What is a Tiger's Eye?" Ruby said about to touch the gem but them gemling nipped at her and growled. "Tiger's Eye is a stone of protection that is also very stabilizing and grounding. It enhances integrity, willpower, self-confidence, practicality and correct use of power. It is a stone that enhances good luck, and brings prosperity. Tiger's eye is also a very protective stone which is especially protective during travel. It can also help one see clearly without illusion. Tiger's eye brings a special boost to the solar plexus chakra and to one's personal power. Tiger's Eye also comes in blue and red." Sapphire said.

"Um so your basically saying that the Tigers' Eye isn't a warrior gem like Spinel, Me and Ruby?" Topaz said with a questioning look.
"Exactly." Sapphire said with a smug look. "Look at my babe all smart and stuff." Ruby said nudging Sapphire. Sapphire giggled. "Ok anyways. Let's go find these tellings and save them from be corrupted." T said. "That's just the thing. I don't know what's making poof." Sapphire said. "I hope its something monstrous." Topaz said. "Alright let's got." T said.

"Let's go in pairs. I'll go by myself, Spinel go with T, and Ruby you and Sapphire." Topaz said before walking off. Spinel looked at T with a blank expression watch made T blush. Spinel grunted and began walking off with T following after.